Uke collection completed

obxtom

Reaction score
Last week I received my mahogany C-1 from Ko'olau, so I now have a B-1, T-1, and C-1, In mahogany. I started learning to play in August of '09, with instructions from my son over Skype. He's a professional musician(singer/songwriter/guitar/harmonica/ukulele) in Chapel Hill who is a very active teacher (check him out at taddreis.com). Pardon the fatherly pride. Anyhow, I first bought a concert sized Pono, then a soprano Pono. I have been progressing rather slowly, I think, though I do practice every day. I am hampered somewhat by a crippled left index finger and rheumatoid arthritis (I know, I know Django....), but I have gotten a lot more out of uking than I have put in. In January I received the T-1, was so pleased by the upgrade in quality from the Ponos that I ordered a B-1, which I received in April (bought a Flea w/concert neck in March - it goes to the waterfront and on canoe outtings) and, finally, ordered a C-1, which just arrived last week. Soprano gets the least playing time, so I decided I could make do with the Pono and Flea. Sorry this is so long and probably way TMI, but I retired 6/30/10 and I have the time to share my enthusiasm for the uke in general and the wonderful craftsmanship of Ko'olau in particular. Also want to honor John Kitakis and his staff for being such a pleasure to deal with. Their ukuleles are well worth the cost and the wait. Here's a picture of The B-1, T-1, C-1 and Pono Soprano.

Attachments

• ukes 003.jpg
    ukes 003.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 58
Very nice collection of instruments. You are one of a few who has a Ko'olau and has praised them on their craftsmanship. If you have time, why not submit a review? Again, congrats on your recent purchase. BTW, E Komo Mai to the Underground.

Aloha Obxtom,
Congrats on the new purchase of your Koolau concert and In hope youre enjoying it and having much fun!!!Sorry to hear about your finget, Maybe the
ukulele will rehabilitate it as it did mine....Let us know how it works out for you and maybe a review...Take Care and enjoy your retirement....
Happy strummings!!!Have fun...MM Stan..

Nice collection. You have more self control than I. Hope you are enjoying the music and retirement.

Last week I received my mahogany C-1 from Ko'olau, so I now have a B-1, T-1, and C-1, In mahogany. I started learning to play in August of '09, with instructions from my son over Skype. He's a professional musician(singer/songwriter/guitar/harmonica/ukulele) in Chapel Hill who is a very active teacher (check him out at taddreis.com). Pardon the fatherly pride. Anyhow, I first bought a concert sized Pono, then a soprano Pono. I have been progressing rather slowly, I think, though I do practice every day. I am hampered somewhat by a crippled left index finger and rheumatoid arthritis (I know, I know Django....), but I have gotten a lot more out of uking than I have put in. In January I received the T-1, was so pleased by the upgrade in quality from the Ponos that I ordered a B-1, which I received in April (bought a Flea w/concert neck in March - it goes to the waterfront and on canoe outtings) and, finally, ordered a C-1, which just arrived last week. Soprano gets the least playing time, so I decided I could make do with the Pono and Flea. Sorry this is so long and probably way TMI, but I retired 6/30/10 and I have the time to share my enthusiasm for the uke in general and the wonderful craftsmanship of Ko'olau in particular. Also want to honor John Kitakis and his staff for being such a pleasure to deal with. Their ukuleles are well worth the cost and the wait. Here's a picture of The B-1, T-1, C-1 and Pono Soprano.

Uke collection complete is like saying you got to the end of the internet :cool:

...or the end of a double rainbow with two pots of gold. ;)

Top Bottom