Vento Ukulele experiences?

CTurner

Reaction score
I came across a reference and found Vento's website: http://ventomusichilo.com/home.html/Home.html

The pics are quite lovely and I'm intrigued by individual/small shop luthiers as I dream about saving up for a custom.

Has anyone tried a Vento, especially the tenor size?

There are a number of Luthiers/Builders in Hawaii who work from small shops or their garages and most do this a hobby, not a full time gig. You'll hear about them in passing or through word of mouth. Check out the Hawai'i Builders List and see how many names are familiar. As Sean (Ukulele Friend) said, "There are too many to keep up with."

I think UkeRepublic represents them on his site. If he sells them, they should be good quality. Check with him.

I think UkeRepublic represents them on his site. If he sells them, they should be good quality. Check with him.

Sure enough I do carry Vento. Fred Vento produces very small numbers of ukuleles and has a good eye for quality. Even has an option for solid koa fingerboard.

I have a tenor koa Uke with purple heart binding that is the best uke i have ever heard or played. No one who has played it has not been in awe. Fred is world class. I have three of his guitars as well. get one now before he is too busy. he is getting discovered quickly.

I have a tenor koa Uke with purple heart binding that is the best uke i have ever heard or played. No one who has played it has not been in awe. Fred is world class. I have three of his guitars as well. get one now before he is too busy. he is getting discovered quickly.

Pics and sound sample please. I want to be awed!

His new web page says he is located in Hilo! (http://ventomusichilo.com/)
Ouch! I was in Hilo on a recent trip but didn't know he was there. Anyway, I too would love to hear a sample and pics if you can, lavaride.

vento ukes

check out his website i think he has some links and there might be some on youtube.

have some faith and order one. If for some weird reason you dont like it wont last long on craigslist hawaii.

Top Bottom