Stupid string question

thegefish

Reaction score
I've been looking at strings but have been getting confused about how strings are classified. Things like low wound g strings and such. I just don't want to order something, get flush with anticipation then learn that I have to return it.

Can someone provide a link or tell me like a crash course for uke strings?

Aloha Thegefish,
Welcome to the UU and our humble forums.....Check out southcoastukuleles.com and click on strings and tunings.
I hope it helps...Have fun and "keep strumming them strings' MM Stan...

Brilliant, exactly what I wanted. I've been a long time lurker, but have recently manned up and joined. Good to be posting.

They are on mine, and I love them- my wife prefers the tone of Worth clears though (on that particular Uke). The Worths might be a hair brighter

I guess you are a beginner in this aspect after all and the only thing that I would like you to understand is the fact that you should very well know how to manage music and lyrics at a similar rhythm and that is only possible if you know the basics. If you want to know the basics then the best thing that you could do is to for a tutorial session and learns how strings are classified!

Last edited:
Top Bottom