Brand new Kamaka tenor HF-3 <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarinthegourd

Reaction score
Hi, 3 weeks ago I bought this beautiful uke brand new from a dealer in Hawaii. It looks, sounds, and plays fantastic but I have realized that I am just not a tenor guy. The uke is brand new, mint in every way. The Kamaka warranty card is in the case and has not been filled in. Case is a standard black "Uke Crazy" durafoam case and is also mint.

I can work out a deal to send it back to the dealer as a used trade on a concert instrument, and I'm prepared to do that, but if anyone here wants to save a couple hundred bucks on a brand new Kamaka HF-3 with warranty card, it might work out easier for all parties.

This ad will only be up for around a day, and then I will ship the instrument back to Hawaii. I don't have pics, but can take some on request. The Koa is very pretty with a lot of figure, but not flamed.

$850 shipped to lower 48

thanks for looking, John

UPDATE 21:59 ET: Pics are below. It's late and I had to take them indoors under lousy lighting, but they give you the idea.

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

Last edited:
Aloha John,
What is it that you do not like about the Kamaka HF-3....sometimes the factory strings don't match up to higher grade ones.
I reccommend changing them as better string makes a better difference in tone,,However I know it might void you in returning
the uke, but may sound many times better and change your mind in trading it back and loosing a couple hundred bucks...
can't imagine that....Need help let us know...MM Stan...

It's a steal for $850 so I hope whoever is looking for a Kamaka HF-3 gets on this.

Thanks MM Stam,

There's NOTHING I don't like about this uke, except the fact that it's a tenor. I like sopranos best, concerts are nice for fingerpicking but I have to realize that I'm just not a tenor guy. I've been down this road before and this is definitely the best tenor I've ever played/heard, but the mellower voice of all traditional tenor designs just doesn't suit what I'm trying to do.

As far as strings, yes: I don't know why but Kamaka ships ukes with Hilo blacks or something similar which don't do them justice. I tried Worth CTs (I like CDs best on my Martin soprano) and they were better, but Aquilas sounded best and that's what's on there now.

I should have mentioned: I will also include another brand new set of Aquila low G tenors (the set on the uke is re-entrant) and a new unused double set of the Worth CTs (re-entrant).

Thanks again, like I said, fantastic uke...it's just that tenors aren't the right instruments for me.

Mahalo,

John

Aloha John,
What is it that you do not like about the Kamaka HF-3....sometimes the factory strings don't match up to higher grade ones.
I reccommend changing them as better string makes a better difference in tone,,However I know it might void you in returning
the uke, but may sound many times better and change your mind in trading it back and loosing a couple hundred bucks...
can't imagine that....Need help let us know...MM Stan...

Last edited:
John, you might have better luck with this if you can post some pictures...good luck to you.

Unless you're a Kamaka dealer the warranty card may be just a piece of useless paper to the next owner. Even though you've only had it a short while it's still a used instrument and you have it priced to reflect that. If the warranty is transferable to the next owner it's a really sweet deal.

Jude

Sorry folks, hadn't seen the PMs. I was expecting email but the "Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages" setting was not turned on.

I will be responding to PMs and posting some pics momentarily.

thanks!

John

Pics added to the first post, and here are 4 more:

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

(that's not a scratch on the peghead, just a reflection)

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

Uke has not sold, but I have given 1st dibs to the person who seems like he's ready to buy.

More news soon...

Thanks,

John

My, oh, my. Lovely simplicity.

Hi all..

The lucky guy is me. An early birthday present to me, after all turning 67 I think I paid my dues and deserve a fine ukulele
like this regardless of what my wife says. Now all I have to do is learn to play it. You never know at this age when you are
going to join the bucket list.

Also a pleasure to join a fine group of people like you...

Hi Okie Doky,

Atta boy, you made a great move,
So much great stuff here at this Forum to
get and keep you on the right path.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom