A little more information on Vento ukuleles

Uke Republic

Reaction score
The information I got from Frederico Vento. He's been making ukuleles and guitars for about 10 years now and puts a lot of heart into each one. The standard model features solid koa neck, fingerboard, bridge and body all made in his shop. He says his bracing makes his ukuleles last for years of playing. Once he buys the logs he takes the choicest wood to make his ukuleles even using high grade koa on his least expensive models. He does it all, even the high gloss finish that looks so nice. When Frederico was a teenager he worked in the automotive business as a sprayman before moving on to working with wood. He is based out of Hilo and also makes koa guitars. Happy to carry Vento at Uke Republic.

Finally saw and played one yesterday at Just Ukes at the Shops at Mauna Lani. They had a concert one there. It was gorgeous glossy koa, with great attention to detail and the tone was excellent. It definitely didn't not seem like a factory made ukulele, but felt much more like a custom. It was $800, with ebony fretboard and bridge. The bridge was my one of my favorite parts, very cool looking and elegant. It also appeared to have some non-traditional bracing style, but I didn't have time (or ability) to try and look at the bracing more, but I think it must be really good for the sound.

Top Bottom