PDA

View Full Version : America's Best Dance Crew season 2 discussion thread

misterlee
06-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Super Cr3w. :rock:

Discuss.

misterlee
06-23-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm pretty convinced that no one responds to threads I create.

Bump.

deach
06-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Never seen the show. sorry.

misterlee
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Guess if I made the thread title "THE JABBAWOCKEEZ SHOW SEASON 2", then it would attract more peeps. :p

Anyway, for those of you who aren't watching just because Jabbawockeez aren't on it, you're missing out on a LOT more talent this season. Last season, it was just Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern wrecking shop on all of the other crews. This season, there are so many crews that have a real good chance of winning. Namely, Super Cr3w, Supreme Soul, and So Real Cru...well, those are my favorites, anyway.

Kateri
07-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm not entirely impressed with any of the dance crews. I think it'll come down to supreme soul and super cr3w tho.

KiLO
07-01-2008, 01:29 PM
There are a few good crews... I actually think this season is way better than last.

The wife and I are watching So You Think You Can Dance though :D

Ukulele_Junkie
07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
dude super crew all the way for me but in my opinion Fanny Pack is one of the cleaniest crews as of now.

degracia
07-01-2008, 09:41 PM
dude super crew all the way for me but in my opinion Fanny Pack is one of the cleaniest crews as of now.

Fanny Pack is very independent. I didn't like them, but they show that whatever the task is given, they will "Fanny" it up.

I'm still goin with the S's. Supreme Soul reppn the BAY hard.

tori8984
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Man, I done missed out on the start of the show. I will have to keep an eye out for it. I will probably have to bump one of the wife's shows off the DVR

Kateri
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM

I really like fanny pack too, they have a very unique style. but they don't have a lot of versatility. I don't know if they will last too long (although I would like them to).

davoomac
07-04-2008, 03:29 AM
I haven't been able to catch any of the shows this time around... However, I've seen America's got talent, and I am now convinced that there's no more talent left.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-04-2008, 04:10 AM
I'm pretty convinced that no one responds to threads I create.

Bump.

hahahaha!!

i got no clue what the show is, but i read every thread (yes i know, no life) and iu thought this was funny... because nobody responds to mine much either, except the tattoo thread...

LMFAO@David

misterlee
07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Overall, tonight's episode was VERY lackluster. The challenge was very stupid, and it made every crew look worse than they should.

Notes:
- Fanny Pak are CONSISTENTLY clean.
- Supreme Soul KILLED IT this week. Already ordered one of those shirts. hahah
- I wouldn't be surprised if Super Cr3w is on the bottom next week with Boogie Bots.

Ukulele_Junkie
07-10-2008, 09:36 PM
i thought SuperCr3w was pretty good except for the fast part. Fanny pack hit hard tonight as well as Supreme Soul.

What the hell did boogie bots do...

misterlee
07-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Boogie Bots didn't wow anyone from beginning to end. I don't think I heard any loud pops from the crowd for anything they did.

The end of it was supposed to be like Iron Man (dude standing on the other guy's back) or something and the guys on the bottom waving their hands was supposed to be like smoke as he was "flying" off.

misterlee
07-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh. If any of you guys want that shirt that Supreme Soul had (that KNOW YOUR RANK shirt with the skull on the inside so you can pull the bottom up over your head haha), you can order it from Invisible Stripes. Official, yo.

http://store.invisiblestripes.com/invisiblestripesxsupremesoulknowyourrank.aspx

Danyo Cummings
07-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the link Misterlee! I'm getting one of those shirts haha.

Personally, my main favs are So Real Cru and Supreme Soul. All the groups are pretty tight in their own ways but i feel like these two crews are this seasons KABA MODERN and JABBAWOCKEEZ.

Just my opinion.

SuperSecretBETA
07-14-2008, 06:01 PM
With Season 1, Jabba blew out the competition. Season 2's nice to watch because the field is a little more leveled out.

My comments.
A.S.I.I.D. - pretty good. has a cute girl.
Fanny Pak - I like them for being out of the box.
Boogie Bots - eh.
Phresh Select - eh.
SoReal Cru - sorta like Kaba Modern and Team Millenia.
Super Cr3w - pretty good.
Supreme Soul - Hit or miss.

past groups
SassX7 - Cheerleaders will always be cheerleaders.
Distorted X - has more sass than SassX7, but sassy doesn't blow away an audience.
Xtreme Dance Force - Uninspiring and stiff.

Danyo Cummings
07-14-2008, 06:12 PM
With Season 1, Jabba blew out the competition. Season 2's nice to watch because the field is a little more leveled out.

My comments.
A.S.I.I.D. - pretty good. has a cute girl.
Fanny Pak - I like them for being out of the box.
Boogie Bots - eh.
Phresh Select - eh.
SoReal Cru - sorta like Kaba Modern and Team Millenia.
Super Cr3w - pretty good.
Supreme Soul - Hit or miss.

past groups
SassX7 - Cheerleaders will always be cheerleaders.
Distorted X - has more sass than SassX7, but sassy doesn't blow away an audience.
Xtreme Dance Force - Uninspiring and stiff.

That's a breakdown i agree with!

misterlee
07-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow. This episode SUCKS! I won't spoil it for you Hawaiians who haven't seen it yet. Let me just tell you that you'll be pissed at the bottom two.

Ukulele_Junkie
07-24-2008, 08:05 PM
ooop. i'll put my message back up later. i read misterlee's message and i caught myself.

misterlee
07-25-2008, 06:07 AM
While I don't think Supreme Soul would've won it all, I really don't think they deserved to go home now, and NOT against Super Cr3w in the BOTTOM TWO?!?!?! WTF

So the final four: Super Cr3w, Boogie Bots, SoReal Cru, and Fanny Pak. Gross.

Out of the performances last night, Boogie Bots and Fanny Pak are going to be in the bottom two. Unless MTV pulls their rank and screws with the results again and put Super Cr3w in the bottom.

Ukulele_Junkie
07-25-2008, 06:30 AM
this is how i had the results. Boogie Bots vs. Super Cr3w, Boogie Bots go down in the bottom 2 with SS and SS beats boogie bots with a stellar clean performance. I don't know though, I think the Boogie Bots are getting way to much of their way cuz little girls at home like to vote for the cute kids on the show. Not a damn contest on looks, sickens me. Even two weeks ago on the Janet Jackson show they even copped!! a few moves from supreme soul like the lunging wave and the domino head hits. gawd so stupid america vote rite for once. I really haven't been a fan of SS this season but they really were not to go down like this, last night's performance was really good cleaner than the rest.

This is the my breakdown so far.
Fanny Pack- Original and clean
SoReal Cru- don't really pay attention to them, kinda boring.
Boogie Bots- Overrated needs to be outta here like a homerun
SuperCr3W- Got that wow factor.

I'm guessing in the next weeks fanny pack and SuperCr3w, unless boogie bots and soreal are still in the running. You never know tho I just had a thought, it's probably pretty much the filipino community voting their hearts out for the crews with a bunch of filipinos in it like with Jaba. As soon as JABA came to PI filipinos went gaga over this show, and they want a filipino majority crew to win. Cuz most of us are like that... sucks yes I know.

misterlee
07-25-2008, 07:24 AM
I think everyone had the same results as you, Junkie. Supreme Soul and Boogie Bots in the bottom two. Man you could even see it on the faces of BB as they were side by side with Super Cr3w. When Mario called out BB's name, all of them were like "WTF wait a minute how did WE get more votes than Super Cr3w?!"

I'm honestly not ruling out the fact that results were fixed for the sake of ratings.

As far as girls voting for the cute boys only, Xtreme Douche Force would still be in the competition if that were the case. ahahah

SuperSecretBETA
07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm honestly not ruling out the fact that results were fixed for the sake of ratings.

I honestly think you Super Cr3w fans just aren't voting enough. Boogie Bot fans are just more likely to vote than Super Cr3w fans even if there are more Super Cr3w fans. You're relying on other fans to vote.

Super Cr3w's also at a disadvantage because of their lack of actual choreography. They're mainly a breakdancing crew. That's not exactly what everyone is looking for.

Of those remaining, Fanny Pak and SoReal Cru are the strongest in terms of actual choreography. Supreme Soul was strong in choreography too, but I think their cockiness turned a lot of people off, thus their elimination last night.

My Persian friend likes Boogie Bots for some reason. Maybe he's way too obsessed about Transformers. I just think America doesn't know how to vote.

As far as girls voting for the cute boys only, Xtreme Douche Force would still be in the competition if that were the case. ahahah

You think Xtreme Dance Force is full of cute boys? :rofl:

You never know tho I just had a thought, it's probably pretty much the filipino community voting their hearts out for the crews with a bunch of filipinos in it like with Jaba. As soon as JABA came to PI filipinos went gaga over this show, and they want a filipino majority crew to win. Cuz most of us are like that... sucks yes I know.

Don't make Jabbawockeez a racist thing. That's just ignorant. Jabbawockeez winning season 1 has little to do with the Filipino community. Clearly, they blew away the competition. I live in a white dominant community who know nothing about dance crews, but all my white friends who watched season 1 love Jabbawockeez. They're well established in the dance crew community.

I'll admist, some racial bias might have more of a factor in this 2nd season because of how close the playing field is, but saying it played a major factor in the 1st season is just ignorant. That being said, you can't say that's the defining reason for the Boogie Bots upset. I'm Filipino and I can't stand them.

P.S. I still think Team Millenia from the live auditions should've made it.

misterlee
07-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I wrote a script last night using AutoHotKey and I had this window (http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/dance_crew/voting.jhtml?episodeId=7128) open when it had the Voting buttons on it. The script scrolled down to Super Cr3w, clicked twice on the Vote button, waited for it to tally the vote, and then it reset the script again. I had it running all night last night. With an average of 10 seconds per click/acceptance, and running it from 11pm PST to 3am PST (four hours), pending bad math, I voted online approximately 1440 times. So I did my part on that front IN ADDITION to sending multiple text messages (20 a pop, numerous times over that same four-hour period). My thumbs hurt. Hahah

I'm still not getting why people say that SC's dancing isn't choreographed. If they want to get technical, then I guess you could say they're right in the respect that it's not "conventional mainstream hip-hop/Step Up 2: The Streets choreography". BBoys are forever going to get that bad rep of "not really dancing" and while the general public can eat up a crew like Fanny Pak just because they can do (sloppy) upper-body isolations in fluorescent spandex, dudes who can do just a BIT more (Super Cr3w) get passed upon as just some kids who can tumble on the ground. It sucks.

Re: Bias: I don't think there's so much racial bias on this show as much as there is EAST COAST bias from MTV. Come on, last season. You can't TELL me that Status Quo deserved to be in second place when a team like Kaba Modern was out there, with consistently clean performances, while SQ did that horrible Down Syndrome clown performance at 100bpm.

JoeyJr858
07-25-2008, 01:46 PM
how bout that green shirt Mario wore? HAHAHH

Ukulele_Junkie
07-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Don't make Jabbawockeez a racist thing. That's just ignorant. Jabbawockeez winning season 1 has little to do with the Filipino community. Clearly, they blew away the competition. I live in a white dominant community who know nothing about dance crews, but all my white friends who watched season 1 love Jabbawockeez. They're well established in the dance crew community.

I'll admist, some racial bias might have more of a factor in this 2nd season because of how close the playing field is, but saying it played a major factor in the 1st season is just ignorant. That being said, you can't say that's the defining reason for the Boogie Bots upset. I'm Filipino and I can't stand them.

P.S. I still think Team Millenia from the live auditions should've made it.

first of all lemme rephrase what i should've put AFTER JABABWOCKEES WON THEY WENT TO PHILIPPINES AND WERE ALSO ON TFC MAKING MORE FILIPINOS AWARE OF ABDC HENCE MORE FILIPINOS ARE VOTING FOR THE FILIPINO CREWS. DON'T EVER CALL ME IGNORANT CUZ THATS FAR FROM WHAT I AM. YES JABAWOCKEES WAS MY FAVORITE IN SEASON 1, SO I'M NOT SAYING THAT ITS JUS CUZ THEY ARE A MAINLY FILIPINO CREW. And pretty much just cuz ur filipino and u dont like boogie bots doesnt mean a bunch of other filipino people won't like em either. so before calling someone igorant check what ur saying first

SuperSecretBETA
07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
I think we're all getting out of hand about a petty MTV show, myself included. LOL

Let's all play our ukuleles and cheer ourselves up.

NoLine
07-26-2008, 12:30 AM
the entire competition is (dare i say) rigged so that an east and west will meet at the finals...
so expect to see BoogieBots vs SupaCrew final 2

last seasons was rigged too
we all knew it shouldve been kaba v. jaba

SuperSecretBETA
07-26-2008, 08:00 AM
West coast groups tend to be better in my opinion.

degracia
07-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Well, I'm pretty pissed as well. Many boycott topics on MTV being rigged.

Also, about BB, many topics on Lil Mama's comment. Did anyone here how Randy Jackson had these guys sign contracts that says MTV can change the ending, no matter how many votes. I read somewhere BB is gonna win the whole competition? That's total bullcrap, but if its true, there's gonna be a huge comotion about this.

SS, will always ride. I guess they're going back to their Supreme Soul Sector crew, where they rose from beggining. I need one of those SS shirts and jackets!

btw, RJ (Raul w/ the mohawk) was at my local theatres today. My cousin had a nice talk with him for a good 15 minutes.

misterlee
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I guess they're going back to their Supreme Soul Sector crew, where they rose from beggining. I need one of those SS shirts and jackets!

Got my KNOW YOUR RANK shirt three days after that episode aired. hahah

http://a228.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/72/l_a89ea18793c079fa577eec9d6c15b913.jpg

http://a95.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/94/l_346d19053532bc2d4b3e1777b5125b46.jpg

SuperSecretBETA
07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Also, about BB, many topics on Lil Mama's comment. Did anyone here how Randy Jackson had these guys sign contracts that says MTV can change the ending, no matter how many votes. I read somewhere BB is gonna win the whole competition? That's total bullcrap, but if its true, there's gonna be a huge comotion about this.

If they decided BB would win earlier, nothing can stop them from changing it to someone else to please watchers.

misterlee
08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Next week is 80s week. This might actually give So Real a challenge. If they give Super Cr3w something like Breakin' or Beat Street to emulate, they're going to KILL it. And then there's Fanny Pak with like...any other 80s movie to emulate ahahah.

I have a BIG feeling So Real is going to go home. I don't want them to, because I called SoReal/Super Cr3w in the finale way back at the auditions and I want to be right for once. :p

Was running two laptops, running two separate scripts to vote for So Real and SC. Think I averaged around 1900 votes for both.

SuperSecretBETA
08-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I feel the same way. So Real Cru is good on a consistent basis, but I haven't seen them "wow" the judged and audience... other than maybe that sexy Janet Jackson number which "wow"-ed me. HAHAHA Anyway, they're style is kinda the same throughout; we've never seen any 80s style from them. That could be trouble.

misterlee
08-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I guess you could say that if So Real goes home, they're going to be KABA MODERN'D. hahah

If you get screwed out of the finale in this show when you were definitely favored to be top two, you're Kaba Modern'd.

degracia
08-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Super Cr3w = Jabba
Fanny Pak = Status
SoReal = Kaba

Status Quo were all steppers and quick movers. Very individual and unique like Fanny Pak. Super Cr3w wows the judges everytime with their sleek moves and crazy styles. SoReal just reminds me of Kaba because of the Girls+Guys thing, lol. Plus the styles can def connect.

Good thing BB went home. Lil Mama still dissed them, even harder. Randy had them gone so he can get his rep back. You know that...

misterlee
08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Good episode all the way through! YES YES YES it's gonna be a sick finale.

SuperSecretBETA
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Did anyone expect SoReal Cru to have the top votes? I sure didn't.

misterlee
08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Me neither. But when Mario stated that they were never in fear of being eliminated all season, it made sense.

SuperSecretBETA
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Did anyone else hear the leader of Fanny Pak say to "vote completely white."?

... and did anyone think he was gonna say ",completely and utterly... shocked," instead of "completely and utterly... thankful."?

LOL he's trying to mess with our heads!

Ame
08-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Did anyone else hear the leader of Fanny Pak say to "vote completely white."?

... and did anyone think he was gonna say ",completely and utterly... shocked," instead of "completely and utterly... thankful."?

LOL he's trying to mess with our heads!

I thought he said "Right"? O_o

misterlee
08-07-2008, 11:22 PM
He said "white" and then corrected himself. Probably trying to say "right" with "well" or something.

SuperSecretBETA
08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
I thought he said "Right"? O_o

He said, "Vote completely white... right! Vote completely right!"

I wonder if that was intentional to hint for everyone to vote Super Crew cause some of them are white... HAHAHAHA You never know.

misterlee
08-15-2008, 08:48 PM
So what did you guys think of the showdown?

SuperSecretBETA
08-16-2008, 09:57 AM
SoReal Cru looked terrible on their first routine. I think maybe Jackie restricted herself with overly tight yellow pants because her dancing looked as bad as some of the members in my former crew. Super Cr3w did much much better, but they didn't blow me away. I don't blame them; I blame the challenge.

SoReal Cru did better in the second routine. Super Cr3w still didn't meet expectations.

Everyone shined in the third routine. They all performed their best. I base my opinion on who should win on this routine. Super Cr3w deserves it... sorta. In the back of my mind, I think Team Millenia from the live auditions would have done better than SoReal Cru, but unfortunately the West has too many good crews (Fanny Pak, Supreme Soul, Super Cr3w). SoReal Cru, in my opinion, is still an amateur group and got in only because ABDC selects by region. The South doesn't have very many good dancers, but SoReal Cru was the closest thing people had to Team Millenia in terms of asian co-ed dance crews like Kaba Modern. SoReal Cru and A.S.I.I.D. were best non-West crews, but all the West crews were better than those two crews.

I liked Fanny Pak the most out of season 2, but unfortunately, we never get to see a West vs. West final showdown. I hoped for Kaba Modern vs. Jabbawockeez, but that didn't happen. I hoped for Fanny Pak vs. Super Cr3w, but that didn't happen either! It just doesn't make sense. SoReal Cru is the Status Quo of season 2.

Regster
08-16-2008, 08:13 PM
SoReal Cru looked terrible on their first routine. I think maybe Jackie restricted herself with overly tight yellow pants because her dancing looked as bad as some of the members in my former crew. Super Cr3w did much much better, but they didn't blow me away. I don't blame them; I blame the challenge.

SoReal Cru did better in the second routine. Super Cr3w still didn't meet expectations.

Everyone shined in the third routine. They all performed their best. I base my opinion on who should win on this routine. Super Cr3w deserves it... sorta. In the back of my mind, I think Team Millenia from the live auditions would have done better than SoReal Cru, but unfortunately the West has too many good crews (Fanny Pak, Supreme Soul, Super Cr3w). SoReal Cru, in my opinion, is still an amateur group and got in only because ABDC selects by region. The South doesn't have very many good dancers, but SoReal Cru was the closest thing people had to Team Millenia in terms of asian co-ed dance crews like Kaba Modern. SoReal Cru and A.S.I.I.D. were best non-West crews, but all the West crews were better than those two crews.

I liked Fanny Pak the most out of season 2, but unfortunately, we never get to see a West vs. West final showdown. I hoped for Kaba Modern vs. Jabbawockeez, but that didn't happen. I hoped for Fanny Pak vs. Super Cr3w, but that didn't happen either! It just doesn't make sense. SoReal Cru is the Status Quo of season 2.

I was so dissapointed when team millenia didn't make it, in my opinion they can beat so real cru, overall none of the groups impressed me in season 2 though i like team millenia they never made it so i rarely watched the show.

I think season 1 is better especially with the jabba and kaba involved, it would've been better if they allow the jabbas to defend there title on season 2 cuz til now im still impressed with the choreography of the jabbas that i see in youtube, they're dance really goes well with music and the unity of there dance is unbelievable

SuperSecretBETA
08-21-2008, 09:01 PM
SUPER CR3W!!! SUPER CR3W!!! SUPER CR3W!!!

too bad jabbawockeez didn't perform... =P

p.s. i still laughed at xtreme dance force.

misterlee
08-22-2008, 08:00 AM
WOOT! Super Cr3wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Congratulations also to the New England So Real Patriots Cru. Undefeated all the way...right up until the last one where it's supposed to matter. :biglaugh:

DigableKid
08-28-2008, 09:19 PM
It's crazy seeing the people you used to dance with during practice on T.V. My wife taught Jun, the "leader", of team Millenia how to dance. For reals! I've got vids. He got into dancing because of her. Raynen from the Jabbawockeez used to practice breakin' in Oceanside at every Monday practice at the beach a he blew up and danced for Nelly Furtado in "Turn off the Lights". John Cruz, aka "Do Knock" used to as well.

Too bad Jun forgot where he came from. He doesn't even give respect to the crew that started him on Bboying and choreography. What goes around...comes around.

DigableKid
08-28-2008, 09:22 PM
It's crazy seeing the people you used to dance with during practice on T.V. My wife taught Jun, the "leader", of team Millenia how to dance. For reals! I've got vids. He got into dancing because of her. Raynen from the Jabbawockeez used to practice breakin' in Oceanside at every Monday practice at the beach a he blew up and danced for Nelly Furtado in "Turn off the Lights". John Cruz, aka "Do Knock" used to as well.

Too bad Jun forgot where he came from. He doesn't even give shout outs to the crew that started him on Bboying and choreography. What goes around...comes around.

SeanKy671
08-28-2008, 11:25 PM
John Cruz, aka "Do Knock" used to as well.

ha, "Do Knock"

my cousin is a bboy
he battled him once in seattle.. he failed miserably :D

Regster
09-04-2008, 11:21 PM
do knock is pretty good at bboying, i saw one of his vid at the redbull bc one, i dont know much about rainen