Please help im in desperate need of us parcel advice from the uk

raecarter

Reaction score
Hi all I ordered a mi-si from mike at mainland 3 weeks ago and have still not received it. I called the uk distribution part for usps and they said it hasn't left chicago since the 9th to go on to new york for a flight for the uk. I called usps in America for about 10minutes at heaven knows how much a minute for them to say there computer is not recognising my tracking number at present what can I do? Thanks in advance rae

Not a big help, but sometimes they mislabel post codes. I live in Maidstone, and my Digital SLR was sent to Manchester. I had to check with the sender and confirm the post code to discover that. Be careful, as there is always a "Send it back" deadline from any central depot, and I was actually 1 day from mine!

Contact the sender and make sure the address it correct.

Good luck! I feel your pain.

Thanks it has been confirmed not to have left the us though yet it's been in chicago depot for 18 days according to the tracking :(

Depots seem to the all-sucking black holes of the international postal service. A parcel has to first overcome the gravitational pull before someone will put it on a mail truck.

I'm in sympathy too Rae

very similar situation for me about 12months ago when I bought a uke from the states. Something to do with a postcode and address not matching up or something...but anyway, it was in limbo somewhere in the states for over 3 weeks before the sender managed to sort it out with the postal guys...after many phonecalls and serious stressing from myself. Wish I could offer some practical advice Rae, except to say you're not alone and I'm confident it will be dealt with properly one way or another. Cheers mate, eugene.

The USPS sometimes doesn't update the tracking numbers (lazy workers I presume). The other part of the equation is that we have more trouble with UK post than any other country. They will sometimes keep your parcel at the post office and just expect that you will come and get it and pay the customs duty. They don't always tell you that you have something waiting. We've even had them return stuff without contacting the destination.

Our country unfortunately has no pride in the workplace I will call them first thing tomorrow thanks mike

I wish I had something positive to offer, Rae. As a U.S. Postal worker I deal with the end delivery of each item. How the stuff gets from it's point of origin to me is a bit of a mystery. I do know that the interaction of differnt postal entities always slows things down. Add to that the delays of customs, and there you go.

I find it next to impossible to believe that a parcel in transit sat in Chicago for weeks without moving. The more reasonable expanation is that the tracking data was not current. Hope you get your parcel soon, and sorry if the USPS contributed to your wait....

Thank you mailman i'll enquire at my locally post office tomorrow if it's not there i guess it's lost then ill find out what i have to do?

It arrived! It has been in my local post office twoweeks! The man was supposedly on holiday for two weeks and they said lucky "I" called as it was soon to be sent back! Anyways it's fitted but the strings are new so when they're bedding ill post something online

Glad to hear that the two week delay wasn't at our end! Sorry you had to wait, but glad it wasn't our fault....

Whew!!! close one!! glad you called them in time...how does it sound?? Have fun and enjoy!! MM Stan....

I'll be honest stan I don't know right now i've set it up myself all correctly i believe the saddle is now the correct height. The problem i have is I only have a 3w amp and it's distorting a bit so I don't know if it is the amp that is distorting it. I'm trying to get an amp to borrow

Top Bottom