Mighty Uke Roadshow in San Francisco

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here are a few photos from yesterday's Mighty Uke Roadshow event in San Francisco, courtesy of the blog of Bay Area artist/musician Mellisa Dinwiddie. (Visit her blog and website at http://melissadinwiddie.com/2010/09/25/weekly-review-26-the-n-word-the-p-word-plus-art-share-and-uke-check-in/)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Aloha Melissa,
Thanks for sharing the pic's of the Mighty Uke Roadshow in Frisco..and your most wonderful blog....Girl you've got some pipes....
Have fun!! and "Keep strumming them strings"...MM Stan..

Mahalo, Stan

Actually, I'm not Melissa. I did meet her at the Wine County UkeFest a few weeks ago, and it turns out that she's related to a good friend. I got the photos from her blog because they're the only ones I've seen so far of the Mighty Uke Roadshow event, and I thought that because she uses her blog to promote her singing, ukulele playing and art, she'd like the additional traffic to her blog and website. She sure can sing, and she's really enjoying her ukulele. I posted this once before -- it's a video of her original song, "My Ukulele."

-- Mark

Aloha Mark,
Thanks for sharing...sorry for the mix up....do you play any of ukulele Ike songs??
I think he's the voice of your avatar.....Have fun and Keep strumming them strings....MM Stan..

Aloha Stan, I've always liked Jiminy Cricket (I have an original animation cel of him from a Disney Christmas special from the 1960s), but I changed my avatar on this forum after learning that Ukulele Ike supplied Jiminy's voice. I'm trying to learn "Singin' In The Rain," and I'm looking for sheet music for some of his other songs. Any suggestions?

Mahalo!

Hey Mark,

Thanks so much for all of the mentions! You have indeed sent me a lot of traffic - much appreciated! :)

The pics from the Mighty Uke roadshow were actually taken by my friend Cski, and posted on the California Coast Music Camp Facebook page. You can see the whole album here:

http://www.facebook.com/ccmc#!/album.php?aid=232198&id=329617126886&ref=mf

Keep strummin'!
Melissa

Hey Melissa,

Aloha and welcome to UU! I hope you're planning to post your upcoming ukulele videos in the video forum here ... it'll be easier for me to find them! Sorry I didn't see you at the Castro Theater. Everything said in the film about the ukulele community has been true so far, at least in my experience.

Thanks for the link to the additional photos. It turns out that the Holly in Cski's photos (with the banjo ukulele) is a friend of my buddy Brian, who was also at the movie and played an ukulele for the first time.

I'll try to catch your artwork at that upcoming Market Street art thing.

Mark

Top Bottom