Amazing Grace

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
After seeing joeybug's video of "Amazing Grace", I decided it was high time I learned it too. I've known it all my life (obviously... almost EVERYONE has, and being the son of a Methodist minister, well, I've heard it more times than I can fathom!), but had never tried to play it on anything.
Played on my Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple, and dedicated to joeybug.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ukecycle?feature=mhum

Last edited:
Aloha Chris,
That was cool!!!enjoyed it very much!!Gee thought you were going to sing too!!!!
And that was nice of you to dedicate it to Joeybug....
When did you get that pineapple beauty.....must be a new one!!! slipped by me...
Looks and sounds sweet!!! Have fun! and "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..
Makes me wanna try this song out!!!...

Last edited:
I thought about singing it, but then I wouldn't have been able to get all the little grace notes in there, and I'm not that brave!
I got that pineapple at the end of May. I've used it in a couple of videos. I used it on "Bohemian Rhapsody", and the thing I did one day when I was sick, where I dragged out all my sopranos (that I had at the time, anyway) to compare them. I like it a LOT. In fact, I just today ordered a Mainland Gloss Mahogany soprano with a Mi-Si pickup. The band where I use the uke on one song has one of our TWO annual gigs coming up, and the uke I have now that has a pickup is a P.O.S.! Also, I am hoping that I can use it for some other things soon. There's a local restaurant/bar that has an open mic night, but it's generally quite LOUD, and I didn't want to try to use one of my acoustic ukes with a mic in there. I'd be overpowered! Plus, I don't have a mic!

I really enjoyed your video... (until I got the blue screen of death, I am sure it's not your fault. I blame it on Dell) anyhow.. nice to dedicate it to Joeybug.. I was inspired by joeybug posting a video too!
thanks for sharing!

That was very good.
Smooth like buttah...

It gives me some goals to work towards. Thank you.

Very nice arrangement. Your presentation was fantastic. Beautiful pineapple. Are tabs available?

Gosh, I've never tried to tab anything. The chords used were A, D, E, E7 and A7, and I just did a little Celtic-ish pull-off thing for the melody. I'll try to work up some more details when I get home from work today.

Top Bottom