My 2 Keliis arrived

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
2 Keliis. A soprano and a tenor.

From UkuleleFriend. He was having a sale and the prices were too good to pass up and I need special pricing if I have anybody ship product to me because of the import taxes.

I can only say that these are very good looking ukes. I have been practicing a few new songs and I really would like to hear the difference between my practice ukes and these Keliis.

I'm too busy with work to be able to play these until later; so, I better get my work done so I can play them ASAP.

;)

Thanks to Shawn at UkuleleFriend.

worthless.gif

No pictures- ???? Bummer, bro.

I thought I told you whiners I was busy. Shheez!!! ;)

The soprano is in phenomenal shape. There is some roughness in the fretboard at the 5/6 fret but I can fix that.

DSC05029.jpg

DSC05023.jpg

DSC05024.jpg

Last edited:
The Tenor was described as having some imperfections on the bottom of the bout. Honestly, that never bothers me and I've read on a few of the independent luthier's that a good number will have flaws - take it or leave it. I'm good with that.

I do see a flaw in this finish. There is a white mark on the wood on the side. I may ask others about this and see what can be done - or, I just live with its character. You can see it in the first photo.

Actually, to tell you the truth. I'm happy this thing has a few flaws. THe reason being is. I won't be afraid to play it now. I won't be afraid to carry it around.

I bought it to play, not to win the swimsuit competition.

DSC05009.jpg

DSC05005.jpg

DSC05013.jpg

They are beautiful. How do they sound?

hey if you guys are still on can u guys add me as a friend im kind da new at this so yeah i would like to know u guy
ys

Sound will be later.

I got to work .

hasta

I love these! They're so pretty :D

I have the same problem, Uke playing or uni work, so far I've compromised that if I do an hour or two of uni work I can play on my Uke!

I love Keli'i. Someday I will have one...it's just not in the cards right now.

Good lookin' ukes!

Congrats!! Those are very nice looking ukes!!! How do they sound and how do they play?

Hey SuzukHammer, I played your Uke!!
I was in Oahu in July and meet up with Shawn. At the time he had 2 Kelii Tenors for sale. I bought one and looks like you got the other.
I played both of them and could not decide which one to buy, loved 'em both!
I pretty much just 'tossed a coin' to decide.
I love mine, honestly I have barely put it down since getting it!!

Mahalo

Robbie

Aloha SuzukHammer,
Congrats on the new additions....jus wondering if have you opened up a uke shop at your home????everywhere I hear you
bought another ukulele .....serious time to get some UAS intervention...3 months and at least thirty ukes....I thought I was
bad....now I'm feeling much better.....next to you!!! Only kidding!!Enjoy your passion and have fun!!!! MM Stan..

The Keli'i brand has such lovely and simple aesthetic. The color in those ukes is wonderful. Ukulele Friend is a site I visit often and will one day buy from--what a selection.

Thanks for those pics. I'm eager to hear the tenor especially--low g, maybe, pretty please? :)

Hey SuzukHammer, I played your Uke!!
I was in Oahu in July and meet up with Shawn. At the time he had 2 Kelii Tenors for sale. I bought one and looks like you got the other.
I played both of them and could not decide which one to buy, loved 'em both!
I pretty much just 'tossed a coin' to decide.
I love mine, honestly I have barely put it down since getting it!!

Mahalo

Robbie

i like stories like this. My uke got the consolation prize. haha.

I tuned them a little but the strings are still settling in so I will give it another chance later. I have camera and lights ready. I have songs I've practiced so there is no excuse for a sound clip.

oh, that tenor. Once it got tuned up, it really sounds nice. Right away, I'm thinking. "this is my finger picking uke"

Top Bottom