Oh Happy Uke Day!

GreatGazukes

Reaction score
Well i had been humming and hahing about a new zebrawood uke for months, I only wanted one cos I thought they were pretty. Having read posts from other members of UU, I was fairly confident that they sounded nice. So there I was two Saturdays ago, sitting in the cold office of my saturday job, cos the heating was not working as the boss was in Greece, and no one was brave enough to authorise the plumber to fix the damn thing, feeling sorry for myself. So checking the site of a ukulele dealer in the US, which I had been oogling for months thinking I want a zebrawood uke, when lo and behold was a uke deal on a zebrawood uke described as wild spirit as it had irregular grain patterns. So I hummed and hahed a bit more then thought, crikey, I'm just gonna do it cos it really looks nice and unusual, just what I am after, and I pulled the paypal trigger and started the loooong wait for it to arrive.

Which it did.

Today

zebrawooduke001.jpg

And I am mighty pleased, so I am sharing the opening with you, lol.

ukulele

Last edited:
great gazukes!!!!!you must have opened it by now....:drool:

Get me a knife, gotta cut through all this tape

Arrgh, more packaging

zebrawooduke002.jpg

Phew, it's the right brand, OH WHATS IT LOOK LIKE

zebrawooduke003.jpg

RIP, PULL, Gnash teeth, bubble wrap you're in my way....move it

zebrawooduke004.jpg

Gurgle

zebrawooduke005.jpg

Cheers, Tony

MMMMMM purty!!

zebrawooduke006.jpg

GROOVY COOL

zebrawooduke007.jpg

Thanks for bearing with me whilst I engaged in this boring piece of self indulgence, but I'm a hoping this will be my final uke, I think we may grow old together!!!,,, and she sings like a bird, very nice tone

Cheers, Tony

Oh, zowie! That looks amazing. I'm actually a little envious :)
Good on ya!

nice choice Tony...very,very pretty indeed mate.

Don't apologise for the self indulgence...as I scrolled down through the pictures I was getting a little nervous with anticipation :drool: and anxiety myself....was just like that music in those old movies with the gal tied to the tracks with the train a-comin....about to reach for the angina pill when....WOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!

Well done mate. Lovely uke and thanks for the suspense...Hitchcock himself could not have done it better. cheers, eugene:)

I surprised myself with the angsty feeling I was having, I think I know what junkies feel like. I was a trifle dubious about felling precious timber for my own amusement, but if it lasts the distance, then I suppose I can releive myself of some guilt. I truly hope this will be my last uke, I am really not a player who would do credit to a one of the K brands, and I am not likely to want to go larger size. It would be nice to have a uke with some age and wear marks so.......I will settle with this one and enjoy. It really has a lovely tone, bassy and bright.

Thanks for your good wishes.

You shoulda played striptease music to that unboxing.

She is a fiesty one!! raaaawwwwrrrrr!

Did you happen to get it from elderly? Cuz i wanted to get the one from elderly :/

No UkuleleWorld, this is the 2nd one from them, I was checking their specials fairly regularly, they seem to get some interesting specials and short product runs, but if you miss out they're gone.. they had some nice willow ohana's for a moment a while ago, but I hadnt read anything that would have induced me to buy willow

UkuleleWorld

Aloha tony,
Hey man, Looks awesome....Congrats on the purchase.. you must be excited as hell!!he he.. How does she sound???
Thanks for sharing!!! I imagine it was very hard getting away form it and posting this..But we sure appriciate it very much!!!
Have Fun and Enjoy!!!"Keep strumming them strings" Cheers Buddy!!! MM Stan

That is one GORGEOUS Uke! I'm jealous! But I should be able to buy my Ohana this weekend :D

That is one GORGEOUS Uke! I'm jealous! But I should be able to buy my Ohana this weekend :D

Joey, I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine...dont forget to post and let us know how it goes. Glad your buzz has gone....mmm blu-tac, who would have thunk it??? One learns the most intersting things here on UU...thanks guys

Joey, I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine...dont forget to post and let us know how it goes. Glad your buzz has gone....mmm blu-tac, who would have thunk it??? One learns the most intersting things here on UU...thanks guys

I think I will be, should be here by this time next week eek!!! I do find out the most interesting things about Ukulele playing on these forums, glad you're pleased with your purchase and I will try to tear myself away from the Ohana and post :D

How's the action? On my ohana pineapple it was really nice and low and I hope yours is to! Great looking uke!

Wow.....that is an AWESOME looking uke!! Luv dat zebra wood!!! How does it sound?
Congrats!!

You have a nice wild zebrawood on your hands! I know you will enjoy it. Glad to see it came with the geared tuners. My came with friction, and I had them changed. I forgot to check, is that the concert size or soprano?

–Lori

If they only made one in pineapple...

Very sweet uke! I've played a couple & the Zebrawood sings. I'm sure you'll love it.

Top Bottom