when is it ok to call youre self a virtuoso

Keef

Reaction score
Title Edit : is it

im thinking that the title should be given to you by others what do you think:confused:

Last edited:
Exactly.

The answer is "Never".

For me, the instant you start calling yourself that, you stop being it.

(Although, there is another word that could be applied to someone who refers to themselves as a virtuoso... begins with "As" and ends with "shole" *grin*)

I don't think you ever call yourself a virtuoso. It's a title of respect others give you if they feel you are worthy.
If many people (and significant people) give you the honour of such title, perhaps then you have earned it.

Other than that, it's just a general term for someone who is highly talented above others in a certain instrument.

I don't think you ever call yourself a virtuoso. It's a title of respect others give you if they feel you are worthy.
If many people (and significant people) give you the honour of such title, perhaps then you have earned it.

Other than that, it's just a general term for someone who is highly talented above others in a certain instrument.

I think this pretty much sums it up. I don't think anyone should ever label themselves as a virtuoso.

I find it ironic that to be a pro you need to promote your self yet at the same time you should tell anyone that you are good or great :) not that any of that applys to me

Call yourself anything you'd like.
Don't call me late for dinner.

Cheers!

I also find it ironic that practice makes perfect but nothing is perfect does this mean no one is practicing ? :)

one has greatness thrust upon one. It is not one's choice to claim virtuosity without at least a second opinion

one has made one's point one hopes

:D

Based on the responses to the question, these kids got it all wrong:

How about an "I am Jake Shimabukuro" video?

I remember wanting to have a nick name so my FrIeNdS gave me one
(note to self never ask anyone for a nick name) :)

Kind of odd that someone would call themselves that, unless they can back it up and are making a living playing so they need to promote themselves. It certainly sounds better than He/she is a "Really, Really, Really good player...... "Tickets on sale for the Really Really Really Good Ukulele player". The joke around here is that we aspire to "not suck".

I'm a virtual so-and-so.

JJ

Top Bottom