Concert scale 6 string?

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Someday, not right away, I'd like to buy a concert scale 6 string. Who makes such a critter? I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a custom, so I'd prefer a production uke. Mid-range in price is about my speed....

Oscar Schmidt.

I don't know about quality, but it's cheap enough you can play with it.

Aloha Skitzic,
That was fast...how did you hear about it...My favorite uke is the OS-2 ...gotta look into this for the price....did you try one yet?? MM Stan...

Mele Ukulele has some nice ones. Not cheap, more mid-range, but really nice. I played one in person at their store in Maui. I was impressed, and very tempted to buy. I am more of a picker than a strummer, so I resisted.
http://www.meleukulele.com/
–Lori

I gave them a look, Lori, but didn't find any 6 strings in concert scale....
It's a menu option on their Mahogany Concert (adds $60 to $299 base price). Try this link and scroll down to the second listing. There is another one further down the page-listing #7. I think they had a koa version too, but it was more expensive. I personally preferred the sound of the mahogany by just a little bit.
http://www.meleukulele.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=2&cat=Mahogany+Ukuleles,+traditional

–Lori

Last edited:
Thanks, Lori....I see it now. Oooohhhh....ebony fretboard! I wish they offered more data. I can't tell what the binding is, etc.

Thanks, Lori....I see it now. Oooohhhh....ebony fretboard! I wish they offered more data. I can't tell what the binding is, etc.

I got a Mele tenor 6 string Don. The binding is some kind of wood. Call them up and talk to Cheryl and tell her I referred you. I almost bought a 6string concert but cheryl talked me into a tenor.

Aloha Skitzic,
That was fast...how did you hear about it...My favorite uke is the OS-2 ...gotta look into this for the price....did you try one yet?? MM Stan...

I stumbled on it when I was researching 8 strings. I haven't tried it, but I may at some point...when I have 80 bucks to drop on an experiment.

Top Bottom