PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for OAHU meet up

Aldrine Guerrero
06-20-2008, 06:58 PM
So next week we're planning to do a meet up. Why? Because it's the last time we're (ryan, aaron, and I) all gonna be on the island at the same time.

WEDNESDAY JUNE 25, 2008

We're gonna be doing the meet up right after the UU Open mic.

BUT!

We need suggestions on WHERE to hold this meetup. We want as much members there. The last meetup we had, Kapiolani park was a journey for a lot of people. So now we're asking for suggestions on where to do this meetup.

I'll list them down here as they come. Also I'll add to the list all the people who can attend. :3

Attending:
Aldrine Guerrero
Fred Miu
Anaka
HumbleSounds

Maybe:
Guting
Dino
Kaneohe till the end

Suggestions:

Kaka'ako Park
Ala Moana beach park

deach
06-20-2008, 07:00 PM
I suggest my place in Virginia, It's kinda near Oahu. oh and yes, I'll be there.

Fred Miu
06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Kaka'ako Park

yay. sign me up. ill bring my camera this time.

Going:
Aldrine Guerrero
Fred Miu
Anaka

Maybe:

Not Going:

Aldrine Guerrero
06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I suggest my place in Virginia, It's kinda near Oahu. oh and yes, I'll be there.

Right on. I'll add this to the suggestions hahahahaha

Aldrine Guerrero
06-20-2008, 07:03 PM
yay. sign me up. ill bring my camera this time.

Right on. Anywhere in particular?

DONT say curry house... hahah

Fred Miu
06-20-2008, 07:20 PM
CURRRRRYYYYY HOUSEEEEE!!!

off on McCully Street. we can get Waiola before :P right ryan? haha

Kaneohe til the end
06-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Going:
Aldrine Guerrero
Fred Miu
Anaka

Maybe:
kaneohe yadda yadda yadda

Not Going:

maybe ala moana beach park, right across ala moana, easy access for bus and cars

HumbleSounds
06-21-2008, 02:28 AM
I'll be there.

Aldrine Guerrero
06-21-2008, 08:29 AM
I'll be there.

Any suggestions where?

tripl3thr33
06-21-2008, 10:06 AM
aww junk, i work on wednesdays. but don't let me stop you guys. pictures and videos would be great!

HumbleSounds
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
:eek: I just remembered that I am working wednesday too, and don't get of till 5:30. So I won't catch the open mike but should be able to make the meet, I think.

Ala moana sounded like a decent spot. An east side meetup spot would be easier for me, kailua or kaneohe somewhere, but whatever no worries will travel.

Guting
06-21-2008, 08:57 PM
i might make, if no work that day. I can pick guys up coming from waipahu if you need a ride.

Fred Miu
06-21-2008, 10:38 PM
i might make, if no work that day. I can pick guys up coming from waipahu if you need a ride.

wait you work here? wtf? hook it up with a job.:p

Kaneohe til the end
06-22-2008, 12:06 AM
:eek: I just remembered that I am working wednesday too, and don't get of till 5:30. So I won't catch the open mike but should be able to make the meet, I think.

Ala moana sounded like a decent spot. An east side meetup spot would be easier for me, kailua or kaneohe somewhere, but whatever no worries will travel.

ho guarantee!!! east side meet up

Dino
06-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Going:
Aldrine Guerrero
Fred Miu
Anaka

Maybe:
kaneohe yadda yadda yadda
Dino

Not Going:

What about Mililani Town Center. Right in the middle of the sc. Lots of benches, a pavillion. Lots of foot traffic. Would draw a lot of attention. Also got zippys and phuket tai and a bunch of other places to eat.

Aldrine Guerrero
06-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Ala Moana sounds good for me too.

I forgot to mention I don't have a car... hahaha. So Ala Moana would work out VERY well for me.

Guting was kind enough to offer rides for people if they're interested. So hit him up if you guys need a ride.

Fred Miu
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM

I forgot to mention I don't have a car... hahaha. So Ala Moana would work out VERY well for me.

Guting was kind enough to offer rides for people if they're interested. So hit him up if you guys need a ride.

i guess im tagging up with you haha

AND ANSWER YOUR PHONE BRAH! lol

Kaneohe til the end
06-22-2008, 10:18 PM

ala moana is bus heaven. one bus from my house to the and back. and im in kaneohe. Btw do we have a time established, because its getting close

KoloheBoy
06-23-2008, 12:20 PM
ala moana is bus heaven. one bus from my house to the and back. and im in kaneohe. Btw do we have a time established, because its getting close

man i hope i can go!

Aldrine Guerrero
06-23-2008, 03:54 PM
The tentative time is for 7pm

Fred Miu
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
The tentative time is for 7pm

crappppp.....i will have to come like an hour late. i have bible study at 7-8.

7.30? please:(

Kaneohe til the end
06-23-2008, 11:06 PM
i might not go if @ 7, cuz i dont want to catch the bus at night with a $800 ukulele.

experimentjon
06-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Well, if it's at Ala Moana, I may just drop by, since I live a 5 min walk away. OOOOOOH I'm going to feel like such a noob.

I'll check back on this thread for more details tomorrow, or after work on wednesday then.

Guting
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
i might not go if @ 7, cuz i dont want to catch the bus at night with a $800 ukulele.

lol its not like you catching theBus in vallejo ladat, i wouldnt trip.

Variant
06-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I would TRY to make it but I have basketball and anyway nobody really knows me.

Keonikapila
06-24-2008, 06:17 PM
7pm on a wednesday at Ala Moana or Kakaako...ouch

This would've worked out great like 6 months ago when I had a car and used to fish either Kakaako or Ala Moana everyday after work...now, that means an hour and a half bus ride home...I really wish I could make this, but I don't see it happening (unless somebody from Makakilo/Kapolei is guaranteed going and is willing to drop me off :D)

oh well...maybe next time

experimentjon
06-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Hmm its tomorrow isn't it? Well, hopefully there will be more definitive info here after I get back from work tomorrow afternoon then...or maybe if I'm lucky there'll be info when I wake up. But if its in town, I'll be there.

Kaneohe til the end
06-24-2008, 11:14 PM
If we miss this one, will there ever be another chance to meet up with all you guys? because the chances of me going are pretty bleak right now.

Aldrine Guerrero
06-25-2008, 03:27 AM
OK so here's the deal...

Ala Moana park is gonna a little dark during that time. The open mic will probably go on till 6pm so 7pm was the tentative time for the meet up. Directly after the open mic. I asked for suggestions because of the poeple who live on the other side of the island. There were even some members willing to help out with rides if needed.

So we'll meet up at Ala Moana but as soon as everyone arrives, we'll decide on where to go from there.

If you plan on coming to the meet up then please give me your number so we can contact you just in case we change plans or you arrive late and we decide on where to move the meet up.

send me your number via email:
aldrinemusic(at)gmail.com

This will probably be one of the last Oahu meet ups that we will attend. It will be a bit difficult for Ryan, Aaron, and I to all fly up to Oahu because of schedules and the rising price of airfare. So hopefully you guys try to make it :3

Hope to see you guys there!

Dino
06-26-2008, 12:53 AM
So who was there tonight? Did you guys attract a crowd? I wanted to be there but I had the family with me and the kids had to go home bath and get to bed.

ukuleleboy
07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Howzit going sign me up!

I better practice...

Shane Konno

Kaneohe til the end
07-02-2008, 09:16 AM
pau already, was last wednesday

Kanaka916
07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Why you guys no set up one meet fo July or August? Just do one post or make one new thread . . .