PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

KiLO
06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for setting this type of thing up for Uke people!

FrankNoCal
06-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Welcome, Kilo. Good luck with the uke lessons. Stick with it and you'll see results for sure. There's been few times I wanted to quit cause I felt like I wasn't making progress. Sometimes I get frustrated. My instructor said whever I'm working on a song and I'm feeling this way, try practicing two more times and then put the uke down. I've been doing that and I notice I memorizing the chords and stuff more. Tonight I was playing a new song I been trying (Here Comes The Sun), and my wife was in the kitchen and she starts singing the song. I said,"How do you know what I'm playing?" She said, "It sounds good! You're getting better." Made my day.

KiLO
06-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Awesome, thanks for the advice :D

remy
06-22-2008, 07:58 PM
You have a local Uke shop? I wish I had one of those. I bet lessons will really help motivate you, and then you can come on this board and share all your hard earned knowledge with us!

KiLO
06-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Yeah, it actually took me forever to find any shops that carried ukes, let alone taught lessons there. The shop I got my uke from is about 40 minutes from my house, but this new shop I found is closer - about 20 minutes. I haven't even been there yet though, so I'm not sure how it's going to be (I'm going today :D).