3 simple? goals today

bobj

Reaction score
Amongst my real-life responsibilities today, I want to figure out:

1. How to put an avatar on my posts. You all have cool little pics.
2. How to post a picture. (you all deserve to see my uke and my daughter and her uke.)
3. How to burn a good quality dvd from a youtube video. So I can learn better from some of those many great youtube lessons. (First up.... "You've got a friend in Me" as shown by Ukulele Mike.)

I'll do my best.
Everyone have a great day.

bobj
in Japan
Kala Flame Mahogany Concert

Hi Bobj,
I can't help you with the 3rd question, however for 1 and 2 you can just go into your profile, under private messages and along the left side of the screen it gives you options to add a photo and avatar to your profile. It's pretty simple once you are on the correct page. It took me a little bit to figure it out too..
Good luck with the video part.... I am certain one of the you tuber's will help out there.
Carrie

1 down.
# 2 should be easy.. I just wanna take a new pic first.
But #3....?? I thought I read somewhere about someone watching a youtube video in another format so that they could see a better/slower view?
Do others have trouble, like me, seeing where their fingers are going, and the exact strumming pattern? It seems like the youtube vids just aren't a high enough quality to see the movements.
Any solutions for others that are using youtube videos for instruction?

1 down.
# 2 should be easy.. I just wanna take a new pic first.
But #3....?? I thought I read somewhere about someone watching a youtube video in another format so that they could see a better/slower view?
Do others have trouble, like me, seeing where their fingers are going, and the exact strumming pattern? It seems like the youtube vids just aren't a high enough quality to see the movements.
Any solutions for others that are using youtube videos for instruction?

Bob,
I'm guessing you're learning that song for the contest, as I am too. See if you can get a hold of a complete chord chart from somewhere and use that to work out which chords you need to know, then instead of trying to learning the rythum of the song straight away, just play each chord in order four strums each until you can move your fingers into place without looking...from there, start to try to learn it with a rythum in it (i.e playing along with a video) and then once you've got the rythum, work on your strumming pattern, once that's all done, you should be able to play the song as a decent speed whilst accompanying your playing with your voice...I didn't come up with these ideas myself, I've been doing "Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp" who is a UU memeber and I find his intructions have REALLY helped.

We have until October 31st to submit, so you have time to break it down and try it that way if you so wish.

Good Luck and I hope that helps!

Joey :D

Good advice joeybug,

I need all the help I can get. I also found Ukulele Mike's youtube tutorial. It's really good for us, because we can sing along. The singing is gonna be the hardest part. I sing like a sick water buffalo.... maybe worse.

Good luck with your progress. I am looking forward to seeing your video, and everyone else's.

Good advice joeybug,

I need all the help I can get. I also found Ukulele Mike's youtube tutorial. It's really good for us, because we can sing along. The singing is gonna be the hardest part. I sing like a sick water buffalo.... maybe worse.

Good luck with your progress. I am looking forward to seeing your video, and everyone else's.

I'm sure the singing will be fine! I'm not exactly good at that either, but I'll have my 5/6 (she'll be 6 on 21st October and getting her very own Uke!) year old God daughter singing with me, but she doesn't know all the words, but since if I win, I'll be giving her the Ukulele, I figure she has to do some work too!

Good Luck to you too! I'm sure you'll do fine :D

Good advice joeybug,

I need all the help I can get. The singing is gonna be the hardest part. I sing like a sick water buffalo.... maybe worse.

You have described my singing perfectly... sigh... I love toy story, still have my 14 yrs olds Woody and Buzz toys even, but I wont have any friends if I sing on you tube... I am out!

You have described my singing perfectly... sigh... I love toy story, still have my 14 yrs olds Woody and Buzz toys even, but I wont have any friends if I sing on you tube... I am out!

It did say you could sing out of tune ;)

I thought I read somewhere about someone watching a youtube video in another format so that they could see a better/slower view?

I use a Firefox plug-in called Download Helper. It allows you to save YouTube videos onto your computer (I believe in .flv format). I then use VLC to play it back. VLC has the capability of slowing down/speeding up videos without changing the pitch of the song. I find it very helpful for learning new songs from YouTube.

Top Bottom