My thoughts of Bruko aka Brueko #6

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Well we got in our first shipment of the Bruko #6 a German hand crafted ukulele. In Europe they have had them since the 1950's and have in the past showed up over here. Watching Ken Middletons review of the #6 and watching other Euro players drew me in. So we got them in. To me they have a vintage sound like many ukuleles with the fretboard/neck combo and are made quite well. The #6 to mine and other ears has more treble than most modern mahogany ukuleles but again maple fingerboard/neck giving than certain nostalgic tone.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk3cHo4ee8I

Danke

Another sweet one! I will defintely have to try a Bruko now that you have them - I've seen many YouTube videos fom over the big pond - be cool to play give one a go.

Last year I bought a Bruko baritone ukulele in a pawn shop in Tennessee and I gave it to my daughter as a gift. She keeps it tuned with a high D string. I've seen a few other Bruko ukes and they seem like nice strurdy instruments.

How much is the #6 retailing for?

- Steve

Last year I bought a Bruko baritone ukulele in a pawn shop in Tennessee and I gave it to my daughter as a gift. She keeps it tuned with a high D string. I've seen a few other Bruko ukes and they seem like nice strurdy instruments.

How much is the #6 retailing for?

- Steve

I'm selling them @ $189.99. Quite a bargain for a hand crafted ukulele made in Germany. I hear the Germans make pretty good cars too.

Interesting. How is the action on it? Like my Flea, there would be no way to adjust the action at the bridge later, so its got to be right out of the box. A bridge with no saddle gives great sound transfer to the soundboard with none of the problems people sometimes have with poorly set up saddles being loose, too high or low etc. Good price. It does have a nice vintage-type soprano sound. Are you bringing one to Marietta next week for us all to drool on?

Last edited:
I'm selling them @ $189.99. Quite a bargain for a hand crafted ukulele made in Germany. I hear the Germans make pretty good cars too.

WOW what a deal, wish they made a pineapple. I hear their beer ain't half bad either. ;)

Aloha Mike,
Sounds and looks awesome...and you're right about the nostalgic tone...also your strumming
was pretty cool too!! thanks for sharing!!! Have Fun and Enjoy!!"Keep Strumming them strings"
MM Stan

g'day Mike,

have been to the site and sent an email with a couple of extra questions. It's a really gorgeous, sweet sounding little uke, seems a great price. I'm very keen...

I adore Brukos - brilliantly made - surely the best value all solid handmade ukulele money can buy (the no.6 in particular)

attachment.php

For very little extra money, you can have a custom build like this. Mahagoni body and neck, rosewood fingerbord.
Also a slim version is available.

I got to play the Bruko tonight at our local starbucks. I first thought the neck was plastic. It was that smoothe. The uke was very light and very well made (can't touch that German engineering really). I like the sound of the uke better strummed than picked and to me it almost had a resonator type twang. But when mike strummed it the uke produced a totally different sound. Seriously it sounded like two different ukes. If i wasn't in love with Koalohas and meles, I'd get one I think.

Top Bottom