Other instruments that go well with uke? Also, hi!

VengefulTikiGod

Reaction score
Slide guitar, of course, a bit of bass to fill out the sound... what other instruments have you accompanied on uke or you would think would be a good match? Just got a new camera and I'm thinking of pioneering a YouTube channel with some multi-instrumental overdubbed jams, GUGUG style :)

By the way, hi everybody, I'm VengefulTikiGod or just Dan if you like, heard about this site from ChiyoDad over on the Harmony-Central forums. Did a bit of lurking and this seems like a very cool place. I recognize some of my favorite YouTube subscriptions here. Seeso, you are the man. GUGUG, you are the man (not sure if you go here, but still). Does Brook Adams go here? He is also the man. Anyway, with any luck I'll have some vids up in the next few weeks for your listening pleasure, so stay tuned. Rock on,

VTG

I think those drums aldrine had in one of those live tv things sounded great.... normal guitar, possibly anothre uke ;)

and hey, welcome to forums <3

Also vintage rock organ works, depending on how your uke is setup. Mine was plugged in with a bit of gain to dirty it up a little. As for acoustic, not sure... but electric worked awesome.

Hmmm. Sitar, and veena, maybe even some tabla. Definitely tuba or Sousaphone. Hard to top that combination. I'm working on a shakuhachi-uke duet piece right now... but I really think it needs a banjolele instead.

what about the KAZOO
kazoo.jpg

Ooh, not a bad choice at all. Did not know Hohner made kazoos. If they're as nice as their harmonicas, that might be a good investment :)

Yeah I've got a mini djembe, harmonicas, bass, guitar, slide guitar, tambourine, maracas...

I'm digging the brass and woodwinds ideas, I should call up some of my friends from my alma mater's concert band haha

Kazoo? i want one Lmao these look cheap ones but i bet they sound nice :)

lol, if used well they sound decent, but "nice" and "kazoo" are not words that are usually put in the same sentence.

heres a decent vid of a uke and kazoo, as well as a hilarious man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbeAp-sbRDk and heres a vid of just a kazoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Nhgfhexo&feature=related

you can pick them up cheap at a music and/or toy shop. it doesnt really matter if its metal or plastic.

Last edited:
as kids we used to take a piece of waxed paper, crease it and put it over the teeth of a comb. then you put your lips to the paper and hum. sounds like a kazoo (only quieter, mercifully)

I was just playing piano and uke (just open strings) together, and it sounded very sweet. This was just after a Jake Shimabukuro concert, though, so everything sounds sweet...

Hello, have any of you been listening to Jake tour with Jimmy? He's been doing an incredible duet with Robert Grenidge......Uke and steel drums together are where Hawaii and the Caribbean meet.

My dream band is uke, flute and the steel drum.......got the kids trained on the first two, just gotta work on the drum..........

Top Bottom