So it Begins??

whiely

Reaction score
Ok, So I all ready have a Mahalo UY50 (not the greatest haha), and was looking in the music shop at all the amazing ukuleles they have there, and then I saw it... a cheap $20 black painted ukulele, and I thought to myself.. I MUST HAVE IT!

I have been seeing a term "ukulele acquisition syndrome". Is that the beginning of it?

I have been seeing a term "ukulele acquisition syndrome". Is that the beginning of it?

Yeah, you definitely are infected. You had better start the 12 step program ASAP.

What is the 12 step program? Purchase 10 more Ukuleles?

Ps, I sneezed while tuning my ukulele, and apparently, according to my tuner, I sneezed in perfect E :D

Step 1: Kala; Step 2: Mainland; Step 3: Flea; Step 4: ANOTHER Kala; Step 5: Fluke in a different color than the Flea; Step 6: Some sort of tenor; Step 7: ANOTHER tenor to try out with low g tuning; Step 8: one of the "K" brands; Step 9: something vintage.. maybe a nice Martin; Step 10: One of the OTHER "K" brands; Step 11: a banjo-uke; Step 12: a Makala Dolphin, just to have something for non-musician guests to play.. like the UPS guy when he's delivering your other ukes....

mmmmmm......I fear, dear Whiely, you are indeed afflicted with the UAS bug.

Buy the black plastic number, then take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Yours, faithfully

Dr. Eugene

I feel for you, it is a very infectious condition...I'd had my purple Ukulele - Astrid - four weeks then joined this forum and BAM! I was infected and it's not the type of infection you can take antibiotics for! I've got my eye on an Ohana to buy on Saturday should the funds be available!

Buy it, then...hmmm...you'll have to buy strings too and a case and maybe an Uke Leash...the list goes on and on...but yes, I'm afraid you've been infected!

There is something about black ukuleles that appeals to me also. I painted my Mainland Red Cedar Concert black ( it came out real good ) My dream is to get a Pete Howlett " Le Noir " . I've been debating painting my Mainland red cedar soprano black also after seeing the concert come out so good.

There is something about black ukuleles that appeals to me also. I painted my Mainland Red Cedar Concert black ( it came out real good ) My dream is to get a Pete Howlett " Le Noir " . I've been debating painting my Mainland red cedar soprano black also after seeing the concert come out so good.

there's been a few old Le Domino ukes surfacing lately. They're lovely to look at Pete...pretty sure they'd look just as good on the Isle of da Rumboogie :)

Oh the humanity!!!! Another infected uke player!!!!!

"You had better start the 12 step program ASAP"

I recommend learning 12 bar blues on the ukulele.

(DA DAA DA DUNT)
"I got me a Ukulele"
(DA DAA DA DUNT)
"I play it all day long"
(DA DAA DA DUNT)
"I might have the UAS"
"But I just don't care no more!"
(CHUNKA CHUNKA CHUNKA CHUNKA)

Step 1: Kala; Step 2: Mainland; Step 3: Flea; Step 4: ANOTHER Kala; Step 5: Fluke in a different color than the Flea; Step 6: Some sort of tenor; Step 7: ANOTHER tenor to try out with low g tuning; Step 8: one of the "K" brands; Step 9: something vintage.. maybe a nice Martin; Step 10: One of the OTHER "K" brands; Step 11: a banjo-uke; Step 12: a Makala Dolphin, just to have something for non-musician guests to play.. like the UPS guy when he's delivering your other ukes....

That was close to my progression but I kinda went backwards. I started with a Martin bari, then vintage soprano ukes, then got a K brand, and another K, a custom and another K, and then the Makala Dolphin, then today got a vintage PLASTIC Carnival uke, lol. Another vintage plastic Aloha on the way. But I've sure been looking at a lot of banjo ukes!

Top Bottom