MGM exclusive Koaloha thinline travel Koa tenor with Mi si

MGM

Reaction score
Take a look at this very limted edition of Koaloha's made by Paul Okami. With the rising popularity of thinline travel style ukes This is the discerning players version of what Kala's travel ukes have made popular today. You can try them out at the Southern California Ukulele Festival this saturday in Cerritos California

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvMMDirp88Y

Wow, wow, wow. Gorgeous and what a grand sound! The only downside (a minor nit) is that the uke doesn't have a beautiful crown bridge. My friend Gordon has an exquisite Koaloha proto-type tenor uke with the aforementioned crown bridge. It's an absolutely top notch uke to me! But I digress...

This sweet travel tenor is Mighty Mighty F.I.N.E. :)

P.S. Dang! If I hadn't recently bought a Koaloha uke from ya, I'd be getting this one. :drool::shaka:

it is 2" at lower bout and 1-3/4" at upperbout

Does it come in concert size too? Long neck soprano thin-type travel?
–Lori

Wow, that is gorgeous. Someday I'll have a Koaloha...

Wow, wow, wow. Gorgeous and what a grand sound! The only downside (a minor nit) is that the uke doesn't have a beautiful crown bridge.

Sigh..I agree. I'm so sorry they stopped making the crown bridges and I just don't think I would ever be completely satisfied with a tenor that didn't have it, so I will have to settle for a used one. Though I have to admit, that is really nice and I have to check that out this weekend in Cerritos! :)

OK. I'm confused. Is the uke new or has it been around for awhile? The video has comments from a year ago. Is that the wrong video?

Check the ebay listing, that is just a sample video not the actual uke being sold. Mike had a line of these ordered before in 09' and they went like hot cakes, the video is from then. Same sound though, KoAloha is almost too consistent :)

I would love to own this, crown bridge or not don't think that makes or breaks an 'ukulele, sadly I'm just not a tenor scale guy....sigh

Lori said:
Does it come in concert size too? Long neck soprano thin-type travel?

They are all MGM-special custom orders only and Mike so far has stuck to tenors. Thinline KoAloha concert how cool would that be!

Oh man that is nice. I think I need one of those!!! :drool:

Check the ebay listing, that is just a sample video not the actual uke being sold. Mike had a line of these ordered before in 09' and they went like hot cakes, the video is from then. Same sound though, KoAloha is almost too consistent :)

I would love to own this, crown bridge or not don't think that makes or breaks an 'ukulele, sadly I'm just not a tenor scale guy....sigh

They are all MGM-special custom orders only and Mike so far has stuck to tenors. Thinline KoAloha concert how cool would that be!
OK. I don't do ebay. I was just wondering about a new thing with a video from a year ago. I agree though that koaloha is consistant since I only own 3 of them and havce owned a total of 4.

Now I need to save money for a new uke. :love:

I'd love to have this uke... despite the lack of a crown bridge. I'm already droppin' Christmas hints to the missus... but she ain't cotton with me having another uke as I just bought a Pineapple Sunday from MGM a couple weeks ago. Sigh...

I'd love to have this uke... despite the lack of a crown bridge. I'm already droppin' Christmas hints to the missus... but she ain't cotton with me having another uke as I just bought a Pineapple Sunday from MGM a couple weeks ago. Sigh...

Aloha Bob,
Let us know how your pineapple sundy turns out....would be intrested.....in sound, comfort(neck too) and playability....MM Stan..

Top Bottom