Anyone have this problem?

rreffner

Reaction score
I swapped a Worth unwound low-G on my tenor kamaka strung with Aquilas. When finger-picking, many times my left hand finger pressing down the low-G will cause the string to slide off the fret wire and buzz. I don't have the problem with high-G strings. I am trying to attack the string straight down, but the string moves laterally very easily.

I hope I am explaining this so everyone understands.

Yeah sounds like the string doesnt fit in the nut properly, those worths are really think for uke strings. I had this problem with mine also, but I got kinda fed up with it so i just switched back to High-G or a wound low-G. If there are any people out there who know how to correctly and safely change the nut width, that would be useful.

Yeah sounds like the string doesnt fit in the nut properly, those worths are really think for uke strings. I had this problem with mine also, but I got kinda fed up with it so i just switched back to High-G or a wound low-G. If there are any people out there who know how to correctly and safely change the nut width, that would be useful.

If I'm remembering right, my problem with buzzing was because of a similar problem on my Soprano, so I've put some blue tac to fill up the space and that's stopped the buzzing from my C string...I could be wrong, but maybe that's a cheap and effective way to fix it for now...

If the string is staying in the nut slot, but still sliding off the side of the fretboard when you fret it, it's probably just that you're not used to the lower tension of the Worth unwound G. The Aquila string, whether it was high g or wound low g probably had more tension.

I found that the unwound worth low g is too 'floppy' for my taste, particularly for fingerpicking. I ended up switching to a Savarez 504rh polished wound string.

Top Bottom