UKelele and the interview.

smithpaul60

Reaction score
So Tuesday I had a job interview for a Cybersecurity position. I think it went great b ut that's not what I'm talking about. During the interview the question popped up about how I can contribute to a positive work place environment. I gave an answer about how I've lived around the world and can be comfortable in most cultural environment and how I can get along with many different type of people. At the end of my answer I said, " And I play the ukulele which makes everybody happy." that started a 20 minute conversation about the ukulele completely not related to the interview. Just thought I'd share.

So Tuesday I had a job interview for a Cybersecurity position. I think it went great b ut that's not what I'm talking about. During the interview the question popped up about how I can contribute to a positive work place environment. I gave an answer about how I've lived around the world and can be comfortable in most cultural environment and how I can get along with many different type of people. At the end of my answer I said, " And I play the ukulele which makes everybody happy." that started a 20 minute conversation about the ukulele completely not related to the interview. Just thought I'd share.

And... the "off the record" ukulele conversation will likely be what gives you the edge for the job. You probably expressed a fair bit of enthusiasm & after all, who can resist a uke!

Aloha Paul,
Welcome to the UU and our humble forums....and thanks for sharing your nice story...
Did it have a nice ending and hopefully you got the job!!!!!Have Fun and "Keep strumming
them strings" MM Stan....

Hopefully they will share the happiness of the Ukulele and give you the job!

Thanks for sharing :D

That has to be YOUR job.

I hope you are all right. In total the interview was 2 and a half hours. If they didn't like me they would have kicked me out long before then. We'll find out soon enough.

The company would be a much better workplace if they hire you. Hope they see that. Sending positives thoughts your way.

Top Bottom