WTS - Oscar Schmidt Acoustic-Electric Baritone (Koa, Gloss) OU55CE

kissing

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm selling an Oscar Schmidt Koa (laminate) Baritone with gloss finish and cutaway.
It has a factory-installed passive electric pickup which works really well. In fact, I can honestly say this is the best pickup I've ever used on a nylon-string ukulele. The sound is warm, rich and very clean, and I like it better than all the other active and passive pickup systems I've encountered on nylon-string ukuleles. (and this is coming from someone who has played many electric ukuleles).

I have used it lightly since July this year. There are hardly any signs of wear, just a few minor signs of use on the front surface from playing (y'know, the type that you have to really look for at a certain angle to see).

The action is low and slick. The sound is warm and deep with good sustain. It's not a super loud uke, but I think the volume is still decent. I replaced factory Aquila strings with new Aquila strings.
Plugged into an amp (I use a Microcube), it's an absolute wonder. And it is a very attractive uke to look at, with beautiful Koa wood grains, shiny gloss, cream/abalone binding and abalone rosette on the body. The cutaway makes it super easy to access the highest frets, as well as giving it that extra snazzy look.

I had the local luthier install a strap pin at the back of the neck, making it comfortable to hold with a strap, and I had the pickup output jack reinforced because it was coming a bit loose (it's very solid now!).

Reason for selling:
-The fingerboard is very wide. There is a wide distance between strings, much like Fluke and Flea ukes.
My fingers are used to thinner neck/fretboards, and I'm having trouble adjusting. I hope you like wide spaces between strings.

For this reason, I find that this beautiful uke gets a bit neglected compared to my others. Also I'm having some financial struggle, so selling this uke would help me out ^^

Hardcase Included! (Kala/Lanikai/UkeCrazy type case).

Bought it for $306.90 USD including case (I got a discount from seller)
Selling for $200 USD (What can I say? Anyone familiar with my sales would know I like to let them go quickly for a bargain!)

$45 International Shipping
$25 Local Shipping (Australia)

Paypal payment. Please PM me for interest.

Here's the same uke by the seller I bought it from. The listing is without the case

Pictures:
oscar.jpg

Please excuse the crappy photo. I'll take more photos over the weekend (I'm not with this uke at the moment, I'm staying at my parent's place til Sunday).

I play it ever so briefly at the start of this vid:

I will post additional sample videos if it doesn't sell over the weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom