How Long?

luke104

Reaction score
How Long did it take you guys to get used to the ukulele? iv had mine for quiet a while and still having gotten to frips with cords n whatnot!

it took me about a week to actually start strumming well. i used to play every single day for hours on end though so that probly helped. everyone picks it up at different speeds so don't worry. eventually, it'll become easier.

hey luke, welcome to the forum! i've been playing on and off for a few years and I'm pretty slow at picking this sort of thing up. I'm afraid there is probably no hard fast answer for your question, as everybody moves at a different pace. Getting comfortable with a couple basic strums and a small handful of chords took me a couple months, but I've seen others here and on YT go rocketship pretty fast.

For the most part, I try to have fun first, and the rest will follow in time. I'll usually work on something until I start getting frustrated, then step back to something I can play well (to rebuild the confidence I suppose). Anyways, my back-n-forth habit is certainly not the fastest, but it keeps me smilin'.

Have fun!

I can appreciate the frustration of not being able to do certain things well on the uke, so let me just say, "Get used to it." The better you get, the higher you raise the bar - more challenging material, better technique, different styles...

Enjoy the journey, Luke, especially the beginning.

lol wow i dont even think i have had my uke for a long time...i think because i have played my uke almost everywhere at school...with friends...in the car some times...i dunno practice makes perfect...and alot of practice doesnt mean your bad it means your just perfecting even more lol have fun!

How Long did it take you guys to get used to the ukulele? iv had mine for quiet a while and still having gotten to frips with cords n whatnot!

took me about 4 days to strum... even with out any chords! lmao! i didn't play guitar or any instrument but thats a minor excuse.. every time i strum mi fingers got caught in the strings, dont ask how... but they did...

4 days took me to strum then it was alright from there..

my fingers got caught between them too. but i'm pretty sure it was the uke because it couldnt have possibly been my fault... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom