New uke day!

NatalieS

Reaction score
I ordered it on Sunday... drove to Ocala to pick it up at 7 AM this morning. By the time I got home, I had to head straight to class, so it sat, in its box, until I got home just now.

There are no words to describe how unbelievably beautiful my new uke looks and sounds. The grain is so unique with a wonderful array of light and dark tones. I had to get pictures outdoors in the sun to capture it perfectly. And even with the stock Kamaka strings, which are rumored to be dull, it sounds sweeter than any other instrument I've ever heard in person. This is indeed "The One"... I am awestruck.

Introducing... my Kamaka pineapple.

008.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooh. Very pretty. Nice figure in the koa. Congrats Natalie! Now play the hell out of it.

I ordered it on Sunday... drove to Ocala to pick it up at 7 AM this morning. By the time I got home, I had to head straight to class, so it sat, in its box, until I got home just now.

There are no words to describe how unbelievably beautiful my new uke looks and sounds. The grain is so unique with a wonderful array of light and dark tones. I had to get pictures outdoors in the sun to capture it perfectly. And even with the stock Kamaka strings, which are rumored to be dull, it sounds sweeter than any other instrument I've ever heard in person. This is indeed "The One"... I am awestruck.

009.jpg

008.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg
Happy New Uke Day to YOU!!! Very lovely.

Mmmmmm...glowy pineapple goodnes....*drool, slobber!* :drool:

Congrats on your new uke. It looks beautiful. I have been loving my Kamaka tenor that I got last week.

Wow what a beautiful uke!!!! Congrats!!! Now you must (if you have not done already) is join the Kamaka Klub!
Any chance you could put up a sound clip??

Sweeeeeeet! Thanks for the great pics!!! DAP

That is gorgeous!!! How does she sound?

Sounds wonderful! I'm in the process of switching to Worth strings now, because I heard many people say they bring out the best in Kamakas. I'm still a little speechless, I'm so happy. :)

Wow what a beautiful uke!!!! Congrats!!! Now you must (if you have not done already) is join the Kamaka Klub!
Any chance you could put up a sound clip??

I've join the Klub and will make a video once the new strings are settled in. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Congratulations Natalie, welcome to the world of the Kamaka pineapple! To me the Kamaka pineapple is THEE Hawaiian 'ukulele in it's purest form designed and made by a Hawaiian, and unique enough to be patented, a Hawaiian original. I grew up with the sound of my dad's Kamaka pineapple echoing thru the house especially on Friday nights when Dad had friends over for his Aloha Friday Pau Hana parties. Both Dad and his Kamaka are memories now but what great memories they are. I am hoping your new Kamaka helps create unforgettable memories for you and your loved ones. :)

PS. Join the Pineapple Patch too.

Ooh, nice! That's a great looking pineapple. Congrats!

Well, ahem, of course, it almost had to be! Now that is one beautiful ukulele! I can't imagine that any other pineapple (or some say any other similar model from anyone else) comes close to how it sounds. Congratulations!

Now... if I can talk Mike of UkeRepublic out of the Mainland uke you sent back...

WOW! Such a beauty, and I bet it sounds even better than it looks! ENJOY and play the heck out of it!

I am so happy that you are happy and that the wait for all of us is over. Congratulations. It is beautiful!

Now... if I can talk Mike of UkeRepublic out of the Mainland uke you sent back...

I actually ordered from Mike at Mainland, not Mike at UkeRepublic. I don't want to get your hopes up!

Top Bottom