Need Help Identifying Maker - Kid Frog

provines

Reaction score
I picked this uke up on Ebay. I'm sure I've seen it online somewhere before but I can't place it. The paper label inside says Kid Frog and has the maker's initials which look like RT or KT; I can't tell as it is a real scripty handwriting. Made in 10/08. Has anyone seen this before? It is a soprano. And yes, those are all different woods. It is a very striking uke. The guy I bought it from was selling it for a friend so he didn't know where it came from.

Thanks for the help!IMG_3253.jpgIMG_3252.jpgIMG_3248.jpgIMG_3251.jpg

I am no help here, and that is a cool looking uke. But I would wonder how the construction of it with several laminated woods like that would affect the sound? In many cases, you don't even see book faced backs on smaller sized ukes because it affects the sound. Some feel solid single piece is better for sound than two book faced pieces, so that just makes me wonder about how that one sounds, because as much work and all involved with that, and how nice it looks, I just wonder if it makes as much different in the sound than some claim.. All mine are solid so I have nothing to compare it to.

Nice Uke tho..

Last edited:
Can't help you at all, sorry. But that's one sweet lookin' ukulele.

Top Bottom