What was the last song you performed "played for someone or audience?"

DAPuke

Reaction score
I am curious as to what your last performance "playing for one or more person/s" was.
Last night I played "Guava Jelly" for my wife Partly to practice for a coffee house jam coming up and so she could figure out her harmony part. I considered it a performance, for me it was serious business, gave it my best.
What did you last play for someone?
DAP

My wife is usually in the room when I play/practice the same chord changes over and over - does that count?

Moloka'i Slide for the family while sitting outside at night with the tiki torches all lit. Of course, the family had already comsumed a lot of rum and all claimed I was very very good!!

Last edited:
"Hip Hip Hip Hippopotamus" for my Kindergarten class at church last Sunday.

My wife is usually in the room when I play/practice the same chord changes over and over - does that count?

If you played your best to sound good for her, absolutely. You performed. Aren't many "songs" are the same chords changes over and over. DAP

we'd just worked out "Miss the Mississippi and You" when my wife came in looking for ythe bottle of wine we'd pinched so we played it to her.

Last night I played "Sea of Love" to my 10 month old Italian Greyhound. She remained curled up in a ball and was thoroughly unmoved by the whole experience!

Last edited:
To a proper audience, under lights and on stage?

Freefallin' (John Mayer version? A doddle to play.... F, Bb, C, but sounds great!

Last night I played a bluesy version of Five Foot Two for my sweetheart.

I played "You've Got A Friend In Me" to my carer and her daughter at about 7pm tonight, I did my best but it's still not ready for an actual peformance!

"Here, there, and everywhere" and Crosscurrent last night at my first open mic.

I enjoy going to Open Mic sessions around Honolulu to try out songs i'm currently working on. If I receive a generally positive response, it inspires me to keep working hard on my music. The last one I did was "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train.

2 verses of Aba Dabba Honeymoon, 2nd verse played really really fast, lol. Not sure who was leading, the singing or the playing.

My most recent public performance with a uke was at a Beatles trbiute show with 8 other performers. Since all other musicians were playing guitar (and one on keyboard), I chose the uke for my instrument and performance. IN my 3 song set, I opened with George Harrison's "For You Blue" followed by "Something," and then closed with the Beatles' "One After 909." Lotsa fun! :music:

I played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in class- I know, it is predictable. I have a kid who is "differently abled" in one of my classes and when I found the right chords, off he went. He sang while I figured the tune out and we played it without hesitation for a group of about 20 students until we got it right...
great day for Ukin'

"Ain't She Sweet" for my neighbor and her son.

With You - Chris Brown

Top Bottom