New KoAloha Longneck Pineapple Soprano Today!

Jerlial Prophet

Reaction score
I received my new KoAloha Longneck Pineapple Soprano today from MusicGuyMic (who was wonderful to deal with by-the-way). I ordered it late Tuesday night so I was pleased how quick it got here. He had one "in stock" but it was at a Uke Festival so he picked me one out when he went to the KoAloha factory Wednesday.

First impression, this uke is beautiful in looks and sound. I was slightly torn between getting a KoAloha and a Kamaka (or even a custom build) but went with KoAloha because I love what I hear about the company and seemed to prefer it on the few comparison videos I could round up. I wanted a soprano because I like the small size and the classic uke sound but got the longneck because I like the extra room and frets. Then I thought, what the heck, why not get a pineapple, if I don't like it maybe Ahnko Honu would buy it from me ;) Anyway, I super happy with it and just thought I'd share. With NatalieS posting about her Kamaka Pineapple I'll bet it feels like its raining pineapples in here in the UU.

Anyway, I'll try to get around to posting pics soon. The wood grain isn't quite as striking as NatalieS's but it is still a beauty IMO.
________
G5

Last edited:
Nicely Done and congratulations! Looking forward to some pics. Raining pineapples indeed.

Congratulations, welcome to the wonderful world of pineapples! When (not if) I get a KoAloha I am getting thee exact same one you got, LOVE long neck pineapples. Prefer this over the Pineapple Sunday which to my taste is a tad over the top style wise. Don't forget to join the pineapple patch! :D

Aloha,
Congrats on your new Longneck KoAloha Pineapple Sunday...How is the comfort and playability on it as I never owned one....more importantly how is the neck feel??
Was theone you bought from MGM on ebay and was it the factory seconds great deal he was offering?? Because I was tempted at those prices too... Have fun and Enjoy!!! "Keep strummming Them Strings"
MM Stan..

Last edited:
great choice Jerlial Prophet and thanks for sharing.....I agree with you on both counts...I prefer sopranos too and the long neck gives you a bit more flexibility.

Haven't yet got myself a pineapple but it's on the "to Do" list!!!

Actually, I tried a few weeks back to buy one of Emil Bader's exotic wood pineapple ukes but none around just at the moment...look forward to your pictures!

Need Pics!

Sounds like a great Ukulele! Can't wait to hear how she sounds!

Aloha,
Congrats on your new Longneck KoAloha Pineapple Sunday...How is the comfort and playability on it as I never owned one....more importantly how is the neck feel??
Was theone you bought from MGM on ebay and was it the factory seconds great deal he was offering?? Because I was tempted at those prices too... Have fun and Enjoy!!! "Keep strummming Them Strings"
MM Stan..

I'll address the comfort and playability later as I've not had enough time to play it yet to make a statement (family really cuts into the uke time) but my initial impression was how light it is. The one I got was not listed on MGM's site and its not a factory second. I contacted him to see if he knew when he might have one available since none were listed on his site and he said he had one but the thought it was at a Uke Festival in Cali. However, he said he was visiting the KoAloha factory the next day and, if I wanted, he would pick one for me there when he went so I went with that option.

Yay for pineapples!! I think you made a great choice, and I can't wait to see pictures of it! How neat that MGM handpicked one for you at the factory. :)

Congrats on your pineapple. Just like mm stan asked, how does that uke feel when you are playing it?
Really looking forward to seeing the pics, as I have a secret yearning for a pineapple!

Congrats on your pineapple. Just like mm stan asked, how does that uke feel when you are playing it?
Really looking forward to seeing the pics, as I have a secret yearning for a pineapple!

Just spent some more time with the KoAloha Longneck Pineapple Soprano and compared it with my Mainland Concert Mahogany Classic Gloss. The playability is better with the KoAloha but I'm hesitant to say by how much at this point. Right now I feel like its mild to moderately more playable but that may change once I spend some more time with it. The neck of the KoAloha and the Mainland are about the same thickness but the KoAloha seems to have a rounder neck. The KoAloha neck is a very slight bit wider. The action on the KoAloha is lower than on the Mainland (which I had already lowered myself). The strings are stock on both ukes (KoAloha strings on the KoAloha and Aquillas on the Mainland) and the KoAloha has a more delicate/sweet sound and is brighter than the Mainland which has a warmer/more mellow sound. Anyway, those are my current impressions which may or may not change as I get more familiar with the new uke. I think I'll go grab a camera now and try to get a few quick pics if I can.

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality, bad light and not the greatest camera.

img3184u.jpg

img3178k.jpg

img3179d.jpg

img3180b.jpg

Last edited:
more pics.

img3181k.jpg

img3182v.jpg

img3183y.jpg

And finally, next to the Mainland Concert for a size comparison. (Sorry, I didn't wipe fingerprints before pics.)
img3185r.jpg

Last edited:
It is absolutelu lovely! I think I've found me new "save my money for" uke. I have both the Mohoghany & Red Cedar tenors from Mainland & I really like this longneck pineapple.

Ooh very pretty! I really like that, although it's a longneck, the neck still looks in proportion with the body. It's really nice...

Top Bottom