WTB: Cheap Acoustic/Electric

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So this is actually going to be my first ukulele, but I'd like an acoustic electric so that I can hook up and play with our church praise band. So basically I'm just looking for a beginner ukulele that I can hook up :eek:) Eventually I'll shoot for getting a better one, but for now this will work :eek:) I found one at Guitar Center for $200 so I'd like to find one cheaper if possible! Oh and I'm located in Peoria, Illinois. Like central Illinois about 2.5 hours from Chicago. Shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Zack

Aloha Zackattack,
Whatever you get, try them before buying them for sound, comfort,construction and playability...Good Luck!! MM Stan..
Have fun and Enjoy!!!!

Hello Zackattack - I have a Lanikai S-TEQ which is acoustic & amplified (it's the one in my profile picture). My parents got it for me about 2 years ago and I love it. I didn't know anything about Ukes then (and still have lots to learn), but I love the look, finish, and sound - the spruce top really projects well. It sounds great both ways, and I just started playing for my church and it's awesome plugged in. Our guitarist agreed as he knows these things better than I. I saw it on the net somewhere last week for $189 but can't find that site right now. Everywhere else I've looked I see if for $219. Give it a good Google effort. Happy hunting!

Aloha Zackattach,

Within this price range I think it's important to pick up the ukes and go through them yourself. Some may feel more comfortable than others, may have better projection, a more desirable string height in terms of the set up, cleaner dressed frets, or simply have better tone or intonation.

My recommendation would be to find a shop locally and ask them if you can go through the ukes in your price range so that you can narrow it down in person. Oh and don't forget to ask them to bring out the stock in the back so that you can make the best choice as well.

best,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Well, I have for sale here a lightly used Baritone acoustic-electric going for around $200.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...Acoustic-Electric-Baritone-(Koa-Gloss)-OU55CE

It's retail price is much higher, if you don't mind it being second hand (lightly used, almost new anyway).
I've sent you a PM too :)

It'll fit with church nicely, because I've been using it for worship for my university's Christian club.
It's like this uke is destined to worship God :)

Last edited:

Yeah, that's a nice cheap one.
I've lowered the action on my Mahalo by sanding the saddle down, and it plays a lot better now than at first :)
(action's rather high out of the box)

However, if your budget is around $200 or a bit less, you can do much better. The Mahalo is a great beater - it's cheap enough to be rough on it and enjoy it through an amp, but not suitable for live performance.

Last edited:
Hey I've got a Oscar schmidt acoustic electric with a deluxe hardshell case that I'm selling for 130. It's great I've had a lot of fun with it but lately my taste for ukes has gotten a little expensive so I need to sell some of my less used ukes.

Top Bottom