I ordered...

joeybug

Reaction score
...my new Ohana SK10S Sporano today! I also found a case for it that I could afford as well so that's that sorted. It comes with Aquilla strings and it says it's set-up so maybe they've already stretched them, maybe not, but it should be here in about 4-5 days :D

I promise to post pics when I get it and to post a video about how she sounds...just desperate to get my hands on her and see if it helps my songs that I can play sound better...I love Astrid (my purple Uke) but I do agree that she is cheaply made and hopefully the Aquilla strings on my new one will help bring out her best sound!

I have Abdigo strings on Astrid and they are a great improvement on the factory ones I did have, I have a spare packet because they're BOGO on eBay from a seller and plan to string Darla's Ukulele (which she will get on October 21st!) with them should she decide to play hers seriously, if she doesn't want to learn (and I think that's HIGHLY unlikely!) then I have some more of the cheap strings should she break one!

New Uke Day next week...EEKKK SO excited!!!

Congratulations! I know you've been waiting to get that uke... hope it comes sooner rather than later!

looking forward to your review Joey...and,yes,I'm sure you'll be amazed at how much better your playing will sound...it'll give you confidence and motivation. Awesome news:)

Aloha Joey,
Thanks for sharing the awesome news and congratulations...I know you been waiting a while to order it and I know
you're soo excited as well....betcha just can't wait...eh!!!wow only 4-5 days (business) that's kind fast...who did you
order it from? and set -up too, must have been MGM!!!but I still think you gotta break in the strings yourself...though
I know you'll be waiting for the mailman everyday when it gets close to that time...I know I definetly did!!!Don't
forget to let us know how it is and maybe some pic's too...then you'll be on another level of playing with it..
Have fun Girl!!! Way to gooooooo Take Care and God Bless!!!!Sending you the coolest vibes your way!!! Stan...

Last edited:
How exciting!
I think we are all looking forward to it's arrival.

Aloha Joey,
Thanks for sharing the awesome news and congratulations...I know you been waiting a while to order it and I know
you're soo excited as well....betcha just can't wait...eh!!!wow only 4-5 days (business) that's kind fast...who did you
order it from? and set -up too, must have been MGM!!!but I still think you gotta break in the strings yourself...though
I know you'll be waiting for the mailman everyday when it gets close to that time...I know I definetly did!!!Don't
forget to let us know how it is and maybe some pic's too...then you'll be on another level of playing with it..
Have fun Girl!!! Way to gooooooo Take Care and God Bless!!!!Sending you the coolest vibes your way!!! Stan...

I ordered it from Southern Ukuleles in the UK :D I don't know if they'll send it today or if it'll go out Monday but some time next week should be New Uke Day!!! Plus I have that anonymous gift arriving soon, which will just add to my playing pleasure!

I do intend to take pics, record how she sounds and everything to share with you lovely people!

Joey

Joey,
I'm really happy for you and can't wait to hear how you like your new ukulele! Waiting for one to arrive is NO FUN and seems to take FOREVER! But when it finally comes, it's a great feeling. Unfortunately, you'll still have to break-in the strings yourself. "Set up" usually means that the nut and saddle are adjusted so the action is good, and that the frets have been dressed. Luckily, the quickest way to break-in strings is to play the ukulele, and I know you'll be doing that!
Cheers!
Chris

Hey joey, that is GREAT, we are all as excited as you waiting for that new uke to arrive!!! Really looking forward to seeing the pictures!!!!
Congrats!!!

Joey,
I'm really happy for you and can't wait to hear how you like your new ukulele! Waiting for one to arrive is NO FUN and seems to take FOREVER! But when it finally comes, it's a great feeling. Unfortunately, you'll still have to break-in the strings yourself. "Set up" usually means that the nut and saddle are adjusted so the action is good, and that the frets have been dressed. Luckily, the quickest way to break-in strings is to play the ukulele, and I know you'll be doing that!
Cheers!
Chris

Ah, I figured I'd have to break them in, still...I'm good at doing that, well practising anyway..I now have three more songs on my "to play" list, Hallelujah, Molokai Slide and Somewhere Over the Rainbow, so I'll definately be practising!

I shall do a video review as well as post pictures when she arrives, now I just have to name her!

Hey joey, that is GREAT, we are all as excited as you waiting for that new uke to arrive!!! Really looking forward to seeing the pictures!!!!
Congrats!!!

Thanks :D I'm still gonna play little Astrid because she was my first and I've come so far on her, but I think the Ohana will be the most played one in the house until Miss D gets hers and then she'll want me to play Astrid with her blue one! EEK! New Uke and I get to bring a smile to Miss D's face when she finds out she's got an Ukulele up in my room for her brithday!

BTW..do you have a name for your new uke yet? ;)

I was wondering the same thing. Hope so. I'm anxious for you to get your uke so we can see and hear her and find out her name.
You'll really enjoy the new one.

I was wondering the same thing. Hope so. I'm anxious for you to get your uke so we can see and hear her and find out her name.
You'll really enjoy the new one.

BTW..do you have a name for your new uke yet? ;)

I'm leaning toward "Lilo" but I won't be sure until I hold her in my hands and feel if she is a "Lilo" or maybe something else. I didn't know Astrid was going to be Astrid until I'd played her a little..

That's great news! Enjoy! I'm looking to get another ukulele, as well. Just not sure what I want to get yet.

I know my new Ohana won't be the last one I buy, I'm hoping to have some money that I can use to a even better one than the Ohana, maybe on the "K" makers, but I won't know if I can until either Feb 2011 or if not then then October 2011...

Congrats on the new uke. I know the wait is tough but hang in there. Look forward to pics. Good luck.

Top Bottom