New American-made harmonicas

ichadwick

Reaction score
Just learned about Harrison harps - a custom made harmonica built in the usa. Not likely I'll be able to get one locally, and they're expensive, but for any serious harp players, they're worth looking into:
Harrison Harmonicas

I do like his design, from what is shown online. The day I pay anywhere near 180 bucks for a diatonic harp, though...

I think $180 is a rather modest price for such a professionally designed instrument.....I think I paid $130 for my hand carved walnut native american flute.

Judging by the youtube videos it is state of the art design too. 6 Months wait though? Holy shmokes!

Thanks for posting this ichadwick.

Btw, if your harp is in key of C, it can go with most stuff you play on the uke since it's tuned in C right? Or no....?

Last edited:
Dave, I never thought of the uke as being tuned to a particular key. Granted, if you strum across the open strings you get a C6 chord, but I sure don't feel restricted to one key (or two or three...) on my ukulele. On a C mouth harp, I am restricted to the keys of C and F, since I only play in first and second positions, but the uke has no such restrictions.

I think Harrison Harmonicas is out of business and has been for some time.

Top Bottom