Pure Imagination - 1-minute version

boundless

Reaction score

No slick production value, but this Anthony Newley song from "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" has always been one of my all time favorites, and as finding a uke arrangement - or ANY arrangement for that matter - proved to be fruitless in terms of something that really spoke to me, I had to take it on myself - and I only mention that because this is the first video I've posted (aside from the couple of original pieces) that I didn't get the basic chords from someone else.

This one I had to figure out on my own.

Actually only took about 30 minutes, and as far as a uke arrangement that works for my style, I'm actually pretty happy with it!

It's been a long time since I've posted anything to YouTube after getting slapped with my second copyright violation because of posting a cover of the "Happy Together" (never mind the other thousand of people who have also covered that song)...so I've been gun shy. :)

Nice! Do you perhaps have your tabs available?

Aloha Bob,
That was sooo uplifting and cool....you have a really nice voice and the ukulele has a nice tempo....
I don't blame you for being gun shy about posting with You Tube...what is their policy...three times
and you're kaput??? copyright stuff...they should be glad you're playin' their stuff...You would think
it would make the orignal song more popular and the original artists would sell more....HMMMM

TicToc - no tabs I'm afraid. I'd have to plug some of the fingerings into a chord finder of some kind to figure out a few of them anyway, as I just really sounded it out. :)

And Stan, yep - it's 3 strikes and they close your account. In reality I could go at any minute because I certainly didn't take down any of my other ones - so the gunshy thing about new postings doesn't really have a lot of logic behind it! :D

Thanks for the comments. I've got an opportunity to play this in front of about 400 people live while another 1000 watch online as part of a presentation I'm doing - although no one knows that I'm planning this...we'll see if I pull it off.

nice! it made me google the song up for the chords. :D

Very cool, smooth and jazzy! Thanks,
DAP

Top Bottom