A good buy...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I took a punt on a local ebay auction for some 'mahogany'. It was $25 and I could afford to lose that. Local pickup was a great surprise - Brazilian from the 2002 refit of the Celtic Manor where the PGA is currently being held. I'll get some necks and some body and side wood. :)

Great stuff Pete!! I love to see old wood getting a second life, especially in an instrument. My wife's dulcimer has a cedar top that had its first career as a fence post near Colfax, Washington. The luthier guaranteed it for "200 years if not used as a weapon". Always liked that warranty clause.....all the best, Pete.

Did ya feel a little weak in the knees when you first realized what you were gettin' for the money? I picked up a Mamiya lens worth $900 for $300 once, and that's exactly how I felt when I realized what I was getting.

I've had so many poor buys that this was payback for me so I smiled inwardly...

I also love to "repurpose" wood and I'm sure you'll give this mahogany a good second life, Pete. Play on.....

I may call them the 'Celtic Manor' ukes... one of the boards has the lgened on it - 'Celtic Manor 2002...'

Top Bottom