PDA

View Full Version : Mi-Si install

Landshark
10-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Anybody have a recommendation for a good shop in So Cal to install a MI-Si pickup in a uke

wickedwahine11
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I had a MiSi pickup installed into my Kamaka tenor by the guys at McCabe's in Santa Monica. I can't remember what it cost (I think it was $75) and took a few days.

Ronnie Aloha
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I think these guys charge $50 for an install.

http://www.13thstreetguitars.com/content/view/63/1/

Landshark
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info

pwcgecko
10-04-2010, 07:24 PM
That is correct, I stopped by 13th Street a month or two ago they charge $50 for an install and $120 for the Misi set. unfortunately I have an older Koaloha and the thin bridge piece was too small to accommodate the little pickup underneath. So i had to hold off another day for another uke, maybe a Kamaka. :) . I spoke with Hugh at 13th street and he was really helpful and knowledgeable.

Goodluck,

Doug

JAvendan
10-05-2010, 06:17 AM
doug,

how old is your koaloha?

i'm in the san diego area and was thinking about driving up to have the work done.

my koaloha tenor is approx. 2 years old.

thanks.

joel

That is correct, I stopped by 13th Street a month or two ago they charge $50 for an install and $120 for the Misi set. unfortunately I have an older Koaloha and the thin bridge piece was too small to accommodate the little pickup underneath. So i had to hold off another day for another uke, maybe a Kamaka. :) . I spoke with Hugh at 13th street and he was really helpful and knowledgeable.

Goodluck,

Doug

misterpk
10-05-2010, 07:14 AM
doug,

how old is your koaloha?

i'm in the san diego area and was thinking about driving up to have the work done.

my koaloha tenor is approx. 2 years old.

thanks.

joel

JAvendan, rather than drive to LA, look up Buffalo Brothers Guitars. It is in Carlsbad or Encinitas. I never remember which. Their staff is great and that is where I bought my KoAloha tenor from. I would imagine that if you have the newer bowtie bridge that the install won't be an issue.

CoLmes
10-05-2010, 07:31 AM
13 street guitars. Hugh just hooked me and Farcelli up this weekend while we were down there, really good guy and installed perfectly. And they are used to doing K Brand ukes.