Mi-Si install

Landshark

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for a good shop in So Cal to install a MI-Si pickup in a uke

I had a MiSi pickup installed into my Kamaka tenor by the guys at McCabe's in Santa Monica. I can't remember what it cost (I think it was $75) and took a few days.

That is correct, I stopped by 13th Street a month or two ago they charge $50 for an install and $120 for the Misi set. unfortunately I have an older Koaloha and the thin bridge piece was too small to accommodate the little pickup underneath. So i had to hold off another day for another uke, maybe a Kamaka. :) . I spoke with Hugh at 13th street and he was really helpful and knowledgeable.

Goodluck,

Doug

doug,

how old is your koaloha?

i'm in the san diego area and was thinking about driving up to have the work done.

my koaloha tenor is approx. 2 years old.

thanks.

joel

That is correct, I stopped by 13th Street a month or two ago they charge $50 for an install and $120 for the Misi set. unfortunately I have an older Koaloha and the thin bridge piece was too small to accommodate the little pickup underneath. So i had to hold off another day for another uke, maybe a Kamaka. :) . I spoke with Hugh at 13th street and he was really helpful and knowledgeable.

Goodluck,

Doug

doug,

how old is your koaloha?

i'm in the san diego area and was thinking about driving up to have the work done.

my koaloha tenor is approx. 2 years old.

thanks.

joel

JAvendan, rather than drive to LA, look up Buffalo Brothers Guitars. It is in Carlsbad or Encinitas. I never remember which. Their staff is great and that is where I bought my KoAloha tenor from. I would imagine that if you have the newer bowtie bridge that the install won't be an issue.

13 street guitars. Hugh just hooked me and Farcelli up this weekend while we were down there, really good guy and installed perfectly. And they are used to doing K Brand ukes.

Top Bottom