Pickup position / storage?

KyleYankan

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,
I finally went out and got a pickup for my ukulele, a Dean Markley Acoustic Guitar pickup the shop said would work fine. My question is this: This little 1-inchish circle goes on my ukulele. Where's the best spot? I have it right behind the bridge, on the top part right now.

Secondly, How do you guys store your pickups? This thing has some goo on the back that sticks it to the ukulele. Like a play-dough. Well, I can't just throw it in my bag now, it'll pick up dirt/etc/get stuck to the bag. Any recommendations. Other than that, this thing sounds pretty cool. I was having fun with some distortion effect from my father's guitar equipment.

To find the best spot for those stick-on bottle cap deals, you'll just need to experiment. Ideally, somewhere near the bridge, but not in a position that it gets in your way when you're strumming.

As far as storage goes, the model I had could disconnect from the cable, so I'd pop the pickup off toss it in one of those little ziplock bags, coil the chord and the whole thing went into my gig bag.

I used to really not like this kinds of pickups (still dont' actually), but some of them can put out a decent sound. I've got one in a box somewhere that was actually pretty good....I don't remember the make and model, but it got the job done...

To find the best spot for those stick-on bottle cap deals, you'll just need to experiment. Ideally, somewhere near the bridge, but not in a position that it gets in your way when you're strumming.

As far as storage goes, the model I had could disconnect from the cable, so I'd pop the pickup off toss it in one of those little ziplock bags, coil the chord and the whole thing went into my gig bag.

I used to really not like this kinds of pickups (still dont' actually), but some of them can put out a decent sound. I've got one in a box somewhere that was actually pretty good....I don't remember the make and model, but it got the job done...

Yeah, I'm liking it alot. It produces decent sound, as far as a tonedeaf fella like myself can tell. What I did was take a piece of tupperware - and stuck it onto that, and threw it into my bag. As long as she doesn't slip off, I'll be OK. I e-mailed a local repair company about having them permanantly install it

Top Bottom