What does "friends" mean?

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
When I log in , on my profile page, where is says will you accept these people as friends
what exactly does that mean? Do I actually have to be friendly ? (just kidding)

Dunno. All I know is this..

Friend: Someone that will come bail you out of jail.
Best Friend: Someone that will be sitting beside you in the cell saying, "Wasn't that fun?"

Hello Tudorp , I've read a little of your story. I hope you are doing well.

I am, and thanks.. I am home now, and still have a long way to go, but optomistic. My strenth is coming back, and I have a 2nd to none support system in my family and friends, so I will succeed in my health quest.

T

Bump!!!!
Aloha Tudorp,
Congrats on your success at the health center and glad to hear you're back home......and your quest for continued Physical succcess!!
Take Care and God Bless, Keep up the regimine and Keep us in the loop!! Sending the Warmest and coolest vibes your way!!!! MM Stan..

Tudrop, good luck as you continue on your road of life...

Pete, the "friends" thing is not a major thing. It just creates a list of "friends" who would like to be associated with you. No other benefits other than that.

Difficult one, this question raised by PP... I somehow get the idea that it is a "password" (or allows you access) if you will, that enables you to more reading / information on sites like youtube and facebook? A type of commitment to NOT say anything .... controversial, challenging....? I have not tested this, so I could be wrong, but I do have a hunch in that direction?

When I log in , on my profile page, where is says will you accept these people as friends
what exactly does that mean? Do I actually have to be friendly ? (just kidding)

It just means that when pressed that it will dispay all the friendship request that you
agreed to to be displayed...that all, their information and contact....

Some members have their profiles set so only friends may post comments or send PM's.

One can never have enough friends. Just a thought.

I ask people to be friends when I admire what they have said or what they are about

You can pick your friends...
And you can pick your nose.
But you can't pick your friend's nose.

Ancient Chinese Proverb

Ancient Chinese Proverb

Now that's a proverb worth remembering. Cracked me up.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~ C.S. Lewis

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Not C.S. Lewis

Ancient Chinese Proverb

This reminds me of the first joke I can remember my dad telling me... I was about 5 years old. My dad is a Methodist minister. He said "Remember.... if you fart in church, you'll have to sit in your own pew". It was my introduction to puns, and probably the first "naughty" joke I had ever been told.

"Friends are the family we chose for ourselves"

Don't know who said it, but it's always stuck with me, when thinking about my friends :D

I have picked the odd winner at the races. I have even picked up a chick or two in the dim, dark recesses of time immemorial. picked a couple of scabs off when they started to itch. And I think Sharada's quote from C.S. Lewis is a ripper. But your family is harder to pick than a broken nose. :)

Some more nice friendship quotes:

(i) "a real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out". anon, and related to that:

(ii) "a friend is someone who'll be there with you when he'd rather be anywhere else". Len Wein.

But I think my favorite is this:

(iii) "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words". anon.

what a great thread this is turning out to be...:eek:

Top Bottom