Doodling on my old uke :)

kalicokahliaa

Reaction score
I still have more roses to draw, some stuff to touch up, and I've gotta protect the ink, but here's my progress!

46339_747211090888_6715316_41493606_5676503_n.jpg

Aloha Kalicokahliaa,
WOW....That's awesome job, did you freehand it? I also like to doodle....was that a sharpie??good job girl!!!It sorta looks like a tattoo style, is it???
is that a cherry blossom on the right??....maybe a self portrait.....hmm thanks for sharing!!!! MM Stan..

hi KalicoKahliaa

that's really, really nice work mate. Kind of serene, reflective and very feminine. My daughter would love that. Any plans to add colour to it?

A tatooed uke. Very cool, cooler than that stick-on stuff. Great job.

Thank you guys so much!! I'll definitely post more as I make progress.

Aloha Kalicokahliaa,
WOW....That's awesome job, did you freehand it? I also like to doodle....was that a sharpie??good job girl!!!It sorta looks like a tattoo style, is it???
is that a cherry blossom on the right??....maybe a self portrait.....hmm thanks for sharing!!!! MM Stan..

I did it with a fine tip permanent marker, kind of like a sharpie, but a bit smoother to work with. I had looked at some art online and based it off of that, sketched it on paper first, then with pencil on the uke, and then with the ink.

hi KalicoKahliaa

that's really, really nice work mate. Kind of serene, reflective and very feminine. My daughter would love that. Any plans to add colour to it?

I think that since the wood is so dark on the ukulele, I'll probably want to color it...maybe with some bold colors, since the tattoo-style artwork usually has bold, simple colors

Is that a sugar skull?! Ohh man, I love this.

I loooove sugar skulls :)

I love your choice of "canvas" the ubiquitous pineapple. ;)

1014: That is quite the artistic nephew you have!

kalicokahliaa: That is amazing. I love when people do that to their instruments. I wish I was as talented as you in that area! Mine would end up looking more like 1014's uke!

he ruined your koaloha!! it burns!! IT BURNS!!!!

ooooooooohhhh noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
how long did it take you to get over that one 1014? For me , I think the post-traumatic therapy would almost cost as much as the uke itself...

he ruined your koaloha!! it burns!! IT BURNS!!!!

ooooooooohhhh noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
how long did it take you to get over that one 1014? For me , I think the post-traumatic therapy would almost cost as much as the uke itself...

ruined? nah, not at all. doesnt affect the sound at all. and is personalized with a nice story behind it.

i caught him (he was 3 1/2 at the time, now 4) half way through the alphabet. just laughed it off, and let him finish up. then let his brother hit it up with a small drawing. the `ukulele already had an autograph on it (Brittni Paiva), so he probably thought it was ok.

ruined? nah, not at all. doesnt affect the sound at all. and is personalized with a nice story behind it.

i caught him (he was 3 1/2 at the time, now 4) half way through the alphabet. just laughed it off, and let him finish up. then let his brother hit it up with a small drawing. the `ukulele already had an autograph on it (Brittni Paiva), so he probably thought it was ok.

Hey 1014,
Great attitude. Something to aspire to.

Top Bottom