Finally tested my mi-si acoustic trio pickup.....

raecarter

Reaction score
And it sounds brilliant! I think i'll have to adjust my playing style as at first it was too "clicky" but I soon fixed that. Thanks mike @mainland for it now my mainland gloss tenor is ready for open mic nights.

Yay! I'm glad it's sounding good! Keep Rockin' On, Rae!

Last week I ordered a Mainland Mahogany soprano with the Mi-Si pickup. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I don't know how much gigging I'll be doing on ukulele, but at least I'll be able to be heard at open mic nights. I haven't tried playing at our local open mic night yet because even my loudest uke would never be heard. I have not tried using a mic on a uke, and would not even be sure of the best placement for one. The only instrument mic I own is a bass/kick-drum type Shure. I have a Shure vocal mic too, but it's with one of the bands I play bass in (they have a trailer with all our gear except for my amp and basses). It hardly seems proper to show up at an open mic night and have to rely on someone else's gear to mic your uke! So I'm looking forward to being able to just plug straight into the P.A.

Last week I ordered a Mainland Mahogany soprano with the Mi-Si pickup. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I don't know how much gigging I'll be doing on ukulele, but at least I'll be able to be heard at open mic nights. I haven't tried playing at our local open mic night yet because even my loudest uke would never be heard. I have not tried using a mic on a uke, and would not even be sure of the best placement for one. The only instrument mic I own is a bass/kick-drum type Shure. I have a Shure vocal mic too, but it's with one of the bands I play bass in (they have a trailer with all our gear except for my amp and basses). It hardly seems proper to show up at an open mic night and have to rely on someone else's gear to mic your uke! So I'm looking forward to being able to just plug straight into the P.A.

that's pretty much why I got it. I believe I set it up nice and balanced it wasn't that hard

Top Bottom