Songs for my N00B skill level:')

lordlogan

Reaction score
So right now im confident in my ability in playing somewhere over the rainbow and I'm yours in C

Any advice on next song selection?

Gracias in advance :)

There's a link under my signature to a Free songbook, complete with 'practice sheets'.

Hope you enjoy them.

Keep uke'in',

Thank you all:) im working on dont worry be happy now:)

any more advice on memorizing songs?

few days ago i asked basically the same question and got a great list of songs!!!! These are the first songs everyone could sing and play :) Right now my favorites are Ring of fire and Jambalaya. I really would like to sing and play them all, but lets be reallistic- I cant sing that good... And I just reallised that learning to sing is taking way too much time from ukulele time :) so I stick with playng, maybe someday...
Yellow submarine
Amazing grace.
"Something" by the Beatles..
Do-Ri-Me
Cash - Ring Of Fire
Cat Stevens - the first cut is the deepest
Jimmy Buffett....Margaritaville. I play these chords....C, G7, C7 & F
Jambalaya - by Hank Williams it's only 2 chords: C -> G
For You Blue - by The Beatles a 12-bar progression, using C, C7, F, F7 and G, G7
My Little Grass Shack.
Five Foot Two
& Eight Days A Week
"This Land Is Your Land"
Way Down Upon the Swannee River
Sloop John B
Island in the Sun by Weezer

ou, ou and Imagine by Beatles is a great song to start with.

Only thing that I dont understand is how can all beginners do Ower the rainbow... it has sooo hard strum, I cant imagine, I could do it anytime soon... i can strum, but as i begin to sing everything falls apart

Aloha Lordlogan,
Choose songs that you like and check them out if they have easy chords....I stick with songs that have 2-4 easy chords first....Good Luck!! MM Stan..

mm stan im an agressive screamo/goth/emo/metal/ Darker music type of guy or piano both of which usually don't translate well to ukulele for me:)

so im asking for songs people find easy :)
Thank you for the advice though

Gracias Marihhen I loooooove the beatles i know it contradicts the above ^

I'm thinking Dont Worry, Be Happy, Margaritavile, Ring of fire will be my next attempts.

And by the way i play over the rainbow/Wonderful world with just a down up strum

Oh and today i brought my Uke to school and played it at lunch had about Three 15 year old boys singing along :D

Aloha Logan
Try and check out this tutorial: Http://www.youtube.com/user/Mav79
go to the right,,,related vidsand scroll down to Learn how to play Somewhere over ther rainbows
Good to learn strumming patterns..
I like beatles tunes with easy chords and fun ..something and imagine
Also if you're up to a happy and feel good island song....Molokai slide...Good luck, Stan...

Only thing that I dont understand is how can all beginners do Ower the rainbow... it has sooo hard strum, I cant imagine, I could do it anytime soon... i can strum, but as i begin to sing everything falls apart

I am a beginner playing "SomeWhere Over The Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" and I think like most other noob's playing it, the strum is customized to my ability. Is it weak, probably. Does it sound good, not as good as Iz. would I like to play like Iz? Heck yeah! Do I practice the Iz strum? yes. Will I ever get it? Probably not. But, it's still fun to play and impresses people that don't know better:) DAP

Top Bottom