Got a brand new uke today!

Miss Michele

Reaction score
If you read one of my previous threads, you will recall that I had a Hilo Saprano Uke whose bridge decided to break off after only a couple weeks of playing. I took it back to the music store where I bought it to have it repaired for free. I went back today to see if it was ready. Unfortunatley, it wasn't. I was not happy. As I was leaving the store, the owner of the store took me aside and made me an offer I couldn't refuse! He said he would upgrade my uke. I would just have to pay the difference. That sounded great to me since I wasn't sure when I was going to get my Hilo back. They only had one brand of ukuleles in stock. The Lanikai LU21. I brought it home and it sounds great! I'm happy :)

I do kinda miss my Hilo though. It was my first Uke.

Congrats!! Wow you really received a nice upgrade. Lanakai ukes are pretty good!!!!

I have one of those too, and think the LU21 is the best Uke in it's price range..

Aloha Miss Michele,
I know you'll miss your hilo for sentimental reasons, however the Lanikai is alot better uke with tone, better made, and playability. Congratulations!!!
I guess everything turned out very well and better than you anticipated, and i'm happy you're pleased with it's preformance and sound. Have fun
and enjoy!! and thanks for sharing your happy story!!! "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan...

Congratulations on your new ukulele!

Congrats on the exchange!! Lanikai ukes are very good starter ukes!!

Congrats on the new Uke! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the postman because he may have my new Uke!

Congrats on the new Uke! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the postman because he may have my new Uke!

Joey, there's another new one besides "Lilo"? Must have missed that post. Your UAS is progressing. Hope you'll be able to control it better than I do.

Miss Michelle, you came out ahead. Good for you. Enjoy your new uke.

Joey, there's another new one besides "Lilo"? Must have missed that post. Your UAS is progressing. Hope you'll be able to control it better than I do.

Miss Michelle, you came out ahead. Good for you. Enjoy your new uke.

I think she posted this BEFORE Lilo had arrived. Unless she's totally lost it and is throwing all her money into ukuleles. But that could never happen to any of us!

Congrats, I know you miss the Hilo but Lanikai ukes are lovely. I had the LU21 CE model and I loved it. Had to take it back though because the pick-up was a dud and had replaced with a Kala... and I actually miss the Lanikai, though the Kala is meant to be slightly better!? How is the Lanikai anyway? It's another soprano I presume?

I think she posted this BEFORE Lilo had arrived. Unless she's totally lost it and is throwing all her money into ukuleles. But that could never happen to any of us!

LOL! Chris is right, I posted that before Lilo arrived, I haven't totally lost it...at least not just yet!

LOL! Chris is right, I posted that before Lilo arrived, I haven't totally lost it...at least not just yet!

I guess what got me was the post had the bottom picture with both Astrid and Lilo on it.

I guess what got me was the post had the bottom picture with both Astrid and Lilo on it.

I updated that within about an hour of Lilo arriving! I had the background ready just had to crop a photo of Lilo in it...though I have seen what may be my next Uke already...just gotta wait till New Year!

Top Bottom