I've Discovered Two New Things...

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Today I got two new things: My copy of "Mighty Uke", which I am looking forward to watching while hiding from my wife as she watches "Dancing With The Stars". Ugh.
And I also downloaded a "Best of" Cliff "Ukulele Ike" Edwards. Wow! I thought Victoria Vox was good at the "mouth trumpet", but holy COW!!! Cliff's the MAN!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok, I just finished watching "Mighty Uke" and if I wasn't ALREADY totally smitten with this little instrument, I sure as heck would be NOW. It was a great film from the standpoint of ukuleles, but even just as far as film-making goes, it was absolutely gorgeous. Bravo! Seriously, even if I didn't play ukulele, I would think this would be Academy Award nomination-worthy in the documentary category. And I'm not just saying that.

And I was already somewhat aware of Cliff Edwards, just didn't own anything by him.

Hey guys...

See The Mighty Uke at the TampaBay Ukulele Gathering on Palm Harbor Florida Nov 5th!

It's On Friday night! And it's FREE!!!

DVD and t-shirts will be on sale as well!

JT

oh... Did i mention Victoria Vox will be there?

and all proceeds go to charity?

Just ordered my copy yesterday with more things than I should have from MGM. Can't wait to watch it; heard the very best about it.

Today I got two new things: My copy of "Mighty Uke", which I am looking forward to watching while hiding from my wife as she watches "Dancing With The Stars". Ugh.

Got mine today also! Had band practice tonight so I couldn't watch it but I've got the day off of work tomorrow...can't wait to sit down and watch it!

One thing in the extra features that is kind of disturbing, and has been discussed before... I LOVE Victoria Vox, but I REALLY wish she would not play her ukulele while driving a car. As a cyclist (and as a person who drives 30 miles one way on the highway to get to work), that REALLY bothers me. I am sure she thinks she's being careful about it, but it only takes a split second to miss your chance to react to something.

Just have to throw my 2cents in and agree with everything you said Chris, about the "Mighty Uke" doco. Just brilliant isn't it? And the 10 shorts just put the cream on an already delicious cake...so well made, so inspiring, makes one feel proud to be a uke nut!!!

Also, I'd like to throw a plug in for another similar documentary released a couple of years back called "The Jumping Flea"...treads similar - but different - ground and every bit as uplifting as "Mighty Uke". It was THE film that got me hooked on the ukulele. You can get it online at Jim Beloff's fleamarket music site, and from amazon too, I think. cheers mate! eugene

Hey guys...

See The Mighty Uke at the TampaBay Ukulele Gathering on Palm Harbor Florida Nov 5th!

It's On Friday night! And it's FREE!!!

DVD and t-shirts will be on sale as well!

JT

oh... Did i mention Victoria Vox will be there?

and all proceeds go to charity?

I've got to second this one. We are palnning on going for the entire weekend. The resort room rates at the fest site are really cheap (like $80 a night).

Also, I'd like to throw a plug in for another similar documentary released a couple of years back called "The Jumping Flea"...treads similar - but different - ground and every bit as uplifting as "Mighty Uke". It was THE film that got me hooked on the ukulele. You can get it online at Jim Beloff's fleamarket music site, and from amazon too, I think. cheers mate! eugene

For what it's worth, Flea Market Music no longer sells "The Jumping Flea." But it's now selling "Mighty Uke." Amazon has "The Jumping Flea" on a "manufactured on demand" basis. http://www.amazon.com/Jumping-Flea-Tales-Modern-Ukulele/dp/B000DIMF9I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1286314701&sr=8-5

For what it's worth, Flea Market Music no longer sells "The Jumping Flea." But it's now selling "Mighty Uke." Amazon has "The Jumping Flea" on a "manufactured on demand" basis. http://www.amazon.com/Jumping-Flea-Tales-Modern-Ukulele/dp/B000DIMF9I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1286314701&sr=8-5

I tried to order "The Jumping Flea" from Flea Market Music at the same time I ordered "Mighty Uke" and was informed that they're sold out and no longer carrying it. I guess I had better contact Amazon and demand that they manufacture one for me!

Just ordered my copy yesterday with more things than I should have from MGM. Can't wait to watch it; heard the very best about it.

Didn't see Mighty Uke listed in MGMs store. Surprised he has it.

Didn't see Mighty Uke listed in MGMs store. Surprised he has it.

He had it. It's on my invoice and paid $24.95 for it, so I expect to get it. Just checked and it's not listed now. He'll need to get more copies.

Looks like a really interesting Documentary. I checked Netflix and they don't carry it. Can be ordered here though http://www.mightyukemovie.com/ 24.95 plus 5.95 ship. Would love to see it. Lozark

Lozark, did you ever get to see it yet? Mine arrived from MGM and I loved it. It's a keeper, otherwise I'd send it on. If you can't locate it, I could mail it to you as long as you'd send it right back after you view it. Let me know.

True dat. Check him out at about 1:30 in this video.

That was really cool, at first glance i thought i was going to be a cliff richards video for some reason and thought Oh No, but gladly that wasnt the case. :)

Top Bottom