i am a horrible singer...........

N.O.uke

Reaction score
so i just recorded myself for the first time and i actually heard how bad i am..............i cannot sign deceant even...........i will soon post a video of under the bridge and u guys will see............any advice?

NOT SING LOL

Hey, keep singing. Practice, practice practice. You'll get better. Its like playing the uke, keep practicing and you'll get better. As for myself.....I'm really good.......by myself, when no one else is listening:)

Take your favorite song and go on "youtube" to see if anyone else is singing it besides the main artist. Then just sing along. If the key is too high for your voice, traspose it down to where its comfortable for you. You'll have to learn different chords, just strum the major chords first, no fancy picking yet, until you master your singing. Sometimes its helpful to slow the tempo down.

If you go on "itunes", find your song. There's usually 3 or more artist singing it. You can listen to them for a minute or less, that helps too.

I sound great in the shower.:nana:

Don't feel too bad. Hey, if you were using a webcam's built-in mic, then you might sound horrible not because of you, but because of the mic, and then hearing yourself back on the crappiest of crappy: computer speakers. Like on a telephone, everything above and below certain frequencies gets stripped. So like when you hear yourself on an answering machine and you think you sound funny - it's because of that and not because you actually sound funny.

You're among friends here. If you don't wanna post on youtube, then just post an mp3 (not too compressed - at least 320k bitrate to give yourself the best chance) and we'll give you constructive feedback on what's going right and wrong.

And if we laugh, it'll be with you, and not at you. :)

And I agree with dhkane, and as my favorite voice teacher said, everyone can learn to sing better than they do. Now everyone has their point where the improvements start to go south again, but you haven't found yours yet, I promise you that.

Sometimes in the worst voices, you can hear that spark, that little glimmer of what the voice really wants to sound like shining through. Practice, and you'll find yours.

When I first started singing, I was really bad. I mean really bad. I couldn't sing on key for the life of me. It took me many years to finally be comfortable with my voice, and it's still kind of weird.

Just practice, N.O.uke. You'll get better.

When I first started singing, I was really bad. I mean really bad. I couldn't sing on key for the life of me. It took me many years to finally be comfortable with my voice, and it's still kind of weird.

Just practice, N.O.uke. You'll get better.

Alright, seeso. You're so money, and we all know it!:)

LOL, I have been told the same thing many times. All the time, in fact... We should have a worst singer contest.

i'm gonna take home the trophy on this one!:mad:

Hey, keep singing. Practice, practice practice. You'll get better. Its like playing the uke, keep practicing and you'll get better.

along with this make sure you continually record your self so you know where your going. Kinda like if i continue playing a wrong note in a song sooner or later its going to sound good TO ME cause thats how i always played it.

along with this make sure you continually record your self so you know where your going. Kinda like if i continue playing a wrong note in a song sooner or later its going to sound good TO ME cause thats how i always played it.

great advice!

or u could learn some more technical songs...i can hook u up with a few sheet music ones if u want

LOL, I have been told the same thing many times. All the time, in fact... We should have a worst singer contest.

definately.........lets record under the bridge and have a contest lol

cliff i bet i could out bad sing? you any day lol

you saw my mr woodlands comp vid lol

Jeez! Your signature is insane! You should resize it as to not spam the people reading threads where you post, and thereby making them actually hate the band you're trying to plug. It takes up most of the screen for frak's sake! Not to mention the file size everyone is forced to download anytime you reply to or post a thread while using that insanely big signature. :rofl:

Here's a smaller version, and trust me, it's still plenty big for a banner signature.

Attachments

• logo3-1.jpg
    logo3-1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Jeez! Your signature is insane! You should resize it as to not spam the people reading threads where you post, and thereby making them actually hate the band you're trying to plug. It takes up most of the screen for frak's sake! Not to mention the file size everyone is forced to download anytime you reply to or post a thread while using that insanely big signature. :rofl:

Hahaha! I thought the image had something to do with bad singing. I didn't even realize it was his signature!

Back to the subject though, i totally agree and whole-heartedly suggest recording yourself too (and comparing it to the version you're trying to sing). Most people don't realize how bad they sound until they record themselves. Or you could date a classically trained singer. That's what I did. They'll let you know FAST when you hit a bad note (AND you'll develop a thick skin to criticism).

Last edited:
i wont lie, if ukeboy posted in my threads and i saw him on a regular basis i would prolly put him on my ignore list. I have nothing against you ukeboypat, your posts are decent. its just that sig.

definately.........lets record under the bridge and have a contest lol

Neither of you's ain't nuthin' compared to me, yo.

I say, bring it! :rock:

:D

Yeah, see, I don't like my voice at all, but no one's told me to stop yet, so I'm going to keep on truckin'.

Neither of you's ain't nuthin' compared to me, yo.

I say, bring it! :rock:

:D

Yeah, see, I don't like my voice at all, but no one's told me to stop yet, so I'm going to keep on truckin'.

...i've been told to stop...but I keep on truckin'.

I'm also a terrible singer. But when I pitch my vocals up 50%, it becomes _hilarious._

Success!

so i just recorded myself for the first time and i actually heard how bad i am..............i cannot sign deceant even...........i will soon post a video of under the bridge and u guys will see............any advice?

NOT SING LOL

What do Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, and Bruce Springsteen have in common?

They all have horible singing voices. Yes I know I just sort of peed on the trinity. These men are genious artists. The poetry of Dylan and Springsteen should be enshrined. The Stones are the essence of rock and roll.

They still have horible singing voices.

I don't think any of them care though. I'm pretty sure that all three of them know what they sound like and decided that if the general public didn't like them based on that then the general public could F off.

Attitude counts more than raw talent unless you are trying to get into opera or win American Idle.

Don't get me wrong here, you may well sound like an electric can opener chewing it's way through the local recycling center. The thing is that some people might think that is the greatest sound ever recorded. The other thing is that playing the Uke and singing is above all about fun. If you have fun singing to the Uke you are strumming then You Win. What other people think should not even come into it.

Top Bottom