For that uke fanatic that has everything...

Gawd I hope not. I can't stand that bone head. IMHO he ruined the ukes rep 50 years ago, and it took this long to recover the damage he done.. lol..

I am with Tudorp.....no way (lol)

Wasn't really serious. I wouldn't want that mug staring at me all day either,but to his defense Tim wasn't a bad guy just weird.

I didnt think ya were.. But, yeah, he was weird, and the only thing I had against the guy is after his Tip Toe Through The Tulips fiasco, people had a hard time taking the Uke seriously, lol..

Thanks for the heads up. But I think I'll pass on this.

But -- for the uke fanatic who hasn't seen it -- I recommend the Mighty Uke movie.

Good one, Mike. Ironically, the guy who "played" Tiny Tim (real name Herbert Khaury) was a scholar of American music from the early 20th century, including all that music written for ukulele in the 1920s -1940s, and he apparently could actually play the uke. It's really too bad that he adopted the comic persona of Tiny Tim. He even gets a mention in "The Mighty Uke" for having set the ukulele back 50 years. On the other hand, I learned how to play "Tiptoe Through The Tulips," which is a cute song when not being screeched in an unnatural falsetto, because people kept asking me if I knew it when they discovered I play an ukulele.

As for those posters, I imagine they'll end up mostly in police interrogation rooms.

Yeah, I had heard once that he was actually very musical, and played the Uke very well. But, again, he ruined it for allot of people for allot of years, hahhah..

As a matter of fact, my older sister (in her late 50's) came over the other day, and I was playing the Uke, and she says, "Play me Tip Toe Through the Tulips Tiny Tim!!!". I gave her the "evil eye" hahhah..

Gawd I hope not. I can't stand that bone head. IMHO he ruined the ukes rep 50 years ago, and it took this long to recover the damage he done.. lol..

Hey Tudorp,
They say laughter is good medicine, you gave me my dose today!!!!Good one brother.....MM Stan

Eeepp! I might have nightmares now...Thanks, Mike! *note my sarcastic snarkiness, Deachy even?* :anyone:

Tiny Tim could play ukulele and guitar ,left handed and right handed.

That amazes me. ( but then I'm easily amazed )

He looks like Steve coogan lol

Eeepp! I might have nightmares now...

Yeah, I think I'd have hard time going to sleep if I had that in my room - it's the facial expression more than anything else that makes it creepy...

To me, what is even stranger about that poster than his face (which to me isn't that creepy, but then I have a Lebanese father-in-law and Tiny Tim was half Lebanese).... anyway, even stranger than his face is the neck/headstock of that ukulele! WTF is THAT all about???
And btw, Tiny Tim sang "Tiptoe" in that falsetto because that was how the original recording (1919 I want to say) was sung. Apparently that was a popular singing style at the time.
But yeah... he was an odd one!

OMGeezers, I was EATING when I clicked that link..:stop:

Few people know that The Tim was such a great player and knew the music of the 20's so well that he recorded alot of stuff for the Smithsonian.

Top Bottom