Fish love the uke!

Your fish has great taste in 'ukuleles, and music! Speaking of Midas Cichlids here on Oahu several years ago someone got tired of taking care of there Midas Cichlids as well as there related Red Devil Cichlids and dumped them into some of our lakes and ponds and they have multiplied and taken over these waters literally by the thousands.
I have a picture somewhere I took where surface of a local pond is bright red with their presence. :eek:

Aloha Natalie,
I notice that your cichlid actually ia aware of you there is some intereaction between you both...as you both are
definetly watching each other..I notice when you get too close to the glass, he(?) backs off but then comes back
and watches you play the ukulele again.....that's soo cool and neat!!! I see you surround yourself with the things
you love most....MM Stan
P.S.that pineapple Kamaka is sounding soooo sweet...thanks for sharing.....

Speaking of Midas Cichlids here on Oahu several years ago someone got tired of taking care of there Midas Cichlids as well as there related Red Devil Cichlids and dumped them into some of our lakes and ponds and they have multiplied and taken over these waters literally by the thousands.
I have a picture somewhere I took where surface of a local pond is bright red with their presence. :eek:

Yes, we have the same problem here in Florida, Ahnko! Midas are one of my favorite fish species, and my favorite cichlid, but they are definitely flourishing in non-native habitats. There are some efforts here to depopulate them from some locations, but it's very difficult to do.

Aloha Natalie,
I notice that your cichlid actually ia aware of you there is some intereaction between you both...as you both are
definetly watching each other..I notice when you get too close to the glass, he(?) backs off but then comes back
and watches you play the ukulele again.....that's soo cool and neat!!! I see you surround yourself with the things
you love most....MM Stan
P.S.that pineapple Kamaka is sounding soooo sweet...thanks for sharing.....

Yes, most New World cichlids are very interactive with their owners. Midas (and their close relatives the Red Devil) make incredible pets, albeit aggressive ones. I'm currently looking at setting up a 180 gallon tank for this guy when he gets bigger. Cichlids are one of my passions, besides the uke, and you're right, I do surround myself with the things I love! :) That's a good way of putting it.

Thanks for watching, guys :D

Top Bottom