Sound effetcs & electronic additions

ichadwick

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience using an effects unit like the Pocket Pod from Line 6? I'm looking at getting one to add some effects and improve computer recording.

Any suggestions, recommendations or anecdotes? I have a Roland Cube 30X amp, but I want something portable, and I want to have more effects.

I think he has the Pocket Pod in mind. I can't speak about it in particular, other than to say that it's right up Line6's alley. I didn't know they had a "Pocket" Pod. I might have to pick one up. Thanks for the head's up! :D

As an update, I scored one off of ebay just now. It seems like the main complaints about it revolve around the fact that they're not built like tanks the way the more expensive pods are. but then again the more expensive pods are just that.

Decent headphones are another hobby of mine, so finding something to plug them into just feels right. :)

Effects as in: delay, wah, reverb, chorus, flanger, tremelo, sitar, etc.

I'm also looking at the JamLab as a recording/play along device.

And...
Anyone ever use software like Song Surgeon or the Amazing Slow Downer? Anything similar on the market? I want to use it to learn some riffs...

I don't know about sitar, but the Pocketpod does all that and it can be driven through headphones or an amp or a computer over usb.

It appealed to me as something small with a tuner and a ton of effects and band/song/general presets as well as the ability to use my own settings, and as something quick to plug into where it's just me, the uke, some headphones and a lot of fun. Obviously I can plug it into the amp or the computer if I want.

The sound is great. The effects processor is tons better than the one on board the Roland Microcube I have. I think that, through headphones, the level of fun you'll have really depends on the quality of headphones. The PocketPod sounds great while driving 600ohm impedance Beyerdynamic dt990s. I'd recommend at least something at least at the level of something like an AKG 240s to really get the biggest baddest sound. I'd imagine through iBuds, it must suck a bit.

But with great headphones, a great uke, and some decent cable, hell yeah, it rocks.

Just don't get it from Ebay seller Fairdealmusic. I purchased on 6/23 and they sent on 7/1, only AFTER I complained, and with no explanation of the delay.

Top Bottom