Mango wood tenors from LoPrinzi

Uke Republic

Reaction score
So I scored some beautiful Hawaiian mango wood and am sending it down to have tenors made. The color is so awesome. Probably will do one in the model A style and maybe do a black rosette or abalone could also do ebony fingerboard or a rosewood. These probably won't be ready until December. Maybe a mango Bambino? Maybe a concert?
Will post pics once finished.

What color body binding? I'd opt for rosewood fingerboard and bridge with the mango as much as I live ebony. I have a mainland with white binding that is nice but a dark brown bind like a rosewood or cocobolo would be great against the color of the mango

I would love to hear about these. Mango is my second favorite wood for ukuleles (after koa) and it's unrivaled in beauty, in my opinion. A little bambino with an abalone rosette would be gorgeous!!

Thanks for sharing.....Mango has so many variations in grain,,,I wonder what they'll look like!!!If they are as pretty as the LoPrinzi Cherry ukes, I'd might be intrested....MM Stan..

can you describe the wood a bit more? mango varies a lot!

It has contrasting golden, lite orange and dark areas in it. Beautiful honest Hawaiian mango wood not with much curl or any spalting that I observed. It was harvested on the Big Island and has been waiting for it's finest hour:)

Top Bottom