FS/FT: Kid Frog Soprano Ukulele

provines

Reaction score
I purchased this uke via Ebay based on one fuzzy photo. I know I've seen it somewhere before but I can't put my finger on it. I remember it was way out of my price range at the time. It is really a stunning looking uke. Here are my observations:

First the flaws:

1. The top and back are 1.5mm thick which is about right for a uke this size. You can't see it in the photos but the top is slightly warped inward where the wood is curved and matched near the soundhole. Not much mind you, but it is a tad. I'm sure this is due to the thin top and how it is matched there.

2. This uke was dropped once and it was buggered up a tad at the bottom. I gently sanded it out and put a thin coat of poly over it and buffed it out. you can't really see or feel it but it is there.

3. One of the seams on the back came loose about an inch but I was able to work some white glue in it and seal it up tight but it pop'd up a tad was drying it and didn't match up just perfectly so you can feel a slight mismatch. It is solid and it isn't a crack, it is at one of the bookmatched seams but you can feel it if you rub your finger over it.

Pros:

1. This is a very unique uke. I've never seen someone match the woods on a top or back like this before. It is very light and has a cool wooden frog on it.
2. It has the "coolness" factor that I like.
3. It sounds good.

So, here you have it folks. I've tried to spell out everything I know about it. I bought it for $150.00 which is what I'm asking for it plus shipping which will be cheap as this is a really small uke. It is a standard soprano length. No case.

Trades? Sure. Just toss them out there and we'll talk. The best way to get me is to email me at dprovines@provines.net. The second best way is to drop me a note here on UU.

Thanks for looking

IMG_3253.jpgIMG_3252.jpgIMG_3248.jpgIMG_3251.jpg

Last edited:
update-Intonation is good

I've got to apologize to this little uke; I first thought the intonation was a bit off but I put new light gauge Martin strings on it and the intonation cleared right up. It actually is pretty good for a little soprano.

Last edited:
This uke is still looking for a home where someone would appreicate it.
Trades anyone?

<First and only Bump>

Top Bottom