New uke day!!

sukie

Aloha
UU VIP
Reaction score
MBmailman.jpg
It was a big day at my house at 11 a.m. My new ukulele arrived! Guess what I got? A Moore Bettah!!!
DSC_0009.jpg
These next 2 photos are from Chuck. He takes way better photos than I do.
DSC_0012.jpg

photo.jpg
This is the killer sound hole. Pictures don't do it justice. The nose of the flamingo shimmers.

Last edited:
headstockphoto.jpg
I had asked Chuck if he could do an ukulele with a flamingo on it. Stupid question, huh?
MBbottom.jpg
Chuck had told me he had a surprise for me. He put these palms around the pick up. Unbelievable.
fretboardphoto.jpg
Why have only one flamingo when more are better? OMG! Moore Bettah -- get it? :-)
sidephoto.jpg
Check out the side. It's 5A curly koa.

Last edited:
pegheadsphoto.jpg
I'm already in love with peg head tuners. Way better than friction.
fullfrontphoto.jpg
One more little photo of my new baby.

This is an absolutely stunning ukulele. It is a super concert made out of 5A curly koa. It's an ebony fretboard with a Spanish Cedar neck.

Initially Chuck wasn't so sure about doing a sound hole inlay. I begged. Really. I'm so glad he changed his mind. The inlay in absolutely incredible! I think Chuck outdid himself with the inlay work. You really can't see how much the inlays shimmer. He has used Abalone, pink Mussel shell, Tahitian Black pearl and a couple other things.

I immediately loved the peghead tuners. They are super easy to use and tuning has become a snap.

I have one or two more pictures to put up that show some beautiful details of the wood and the binding.

Oh! How does it sound? Magnificent. I have been playing a KoAloha concert for 2 years and I really love the sound of it. This ukulele sounds even better. Not quite so harsh, but maybe it's the strings. I can't remember what type of strings Chuck put on. We didn't agree about it, so I told him to put on whatever he wanted. I can always change them. If it sounds this nice now, imagine how it'll sound in a year once it opens up. Chuck told me to think about how the wood has changed from being a tree to being an ukulele. Makes perfect sense to me.

This is the be-all-end-all ukulele for me. It's gorgeous, it sounds gorgeous and I feel really lucky to have Chuck Moore build me this ukulele. I think he enjoyed making it too. Except for the flamingo theme he had pretty much free reign to make what he wanted. He read my mind perfectly. I think he is a real ukulele master builder and I am so proud to be a new Moore Bettah owner.

Last edited:
WOW! That is beautiful, it makes my new uke seem rather plain and drab.

Wow! I mean, that says it all... Wow! So pretty, such good work, LOVE the double palm trees!!! Sooooo pretty! Congrats on the new baby!!! What did the postman think of you taking a pic of him?

It looks really beautiful, and exceptionally unique (as all those Moore Bettahs seem to be). I'm quite jealous. My favorite part is the photo of the mailman!;)

Wow Sukie, so happy for you!
It really looks amazing. I would want to play it all the time and show it off to everyone, but I would also be afraid to take it out of the house.

Enjoy it, you deserve it!

That's just over the top beautiful. Moore Bettah is really just that.

Thanks for showing the pics, Sukie!

Dang Sukie, she sure is purty! :drool: Ermmm, how are you going to top that? You know the UAS will hit again...soon! Oh yes, how about a vid to show her off? (This from a guy WAY too chicken to do his own!)

Top Bottom