$6000 ukulele in Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Neiman Marcus has published their 2010 Christmas catalog, filled with crazy $15,000 gingerbread playhouses and other items of extravagance.

One of the items this year is a $6000 Danny Ferrington gourd ukulele.
NMO4841_mx.jpg

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/s...0_O4841&r=cat33500731&rdesc=The Fantasy Gifts

It looks beautiful, but it is annoying that they claim ukuleles originated in Hawaii, not Portugal. Though I did like this quote, "Today it's the composing go-to instrument for many popular musicians as well as a virtuoso instrument for a new generation of performers."

I agree. If I had it, I'd pay quite a lot for a Moore Bettah custom...
You know, I'd much rather have a Moore Bettah than that uke...no offense to that luthier, but Chucks' work is exquisite! Heck I'd rather have a top end Kanilea than that particular ukulele!

Aloha Staci,
I cant imagine paying $6000.00 for that ukulele...however I would definetly choose one of Chuck Moore's baby anyday!!!
Thanks for sharing, I appriciate it...wonder How it sounds???By the way, anybody know who is this luthier, Danny Ferrington?
MM Stan...

You know, I'd much rather have a Moore Bettah than that uke...no offense to that luthier, but Chucks' work is exquisite! Heck I'd rather have a top end Kanilea than that particular ukulele!

I agree 100%!!! No way is that uke worth $6,000!

Neiman Marcus... more like "Needless Markup."

Not to be a killjoy, but the ukulele did originate in Hawaii. The machete is from Madeira, anyway, and I think wasn't that popular in mainland Portugal, right?

For $6000, I'd buy a seriously great ukulele, then fly the family to Rome for a holiday.

Are there any left???? Did they sell out??? I need about 6 for Christmas presents!!!!

Six THOUSAND dollars for a gourdulele? Seriously? I think I need to rethink what I plant in the garden next year...

Guys, I don't think their market is ukulele players.

Jason

"Gourd" my a$$.
The shape on that ukulele reminds me more of the latter part of my statement.

Guys, I don't think their market is ukulele players.

Jason
I guess I don't have enough money. Why would anyone want to spend 6 grand on that ukulele? I don't get it. For that kind of money I would want to have one made just for me. Who is their market?

I think it is a nice looking uke but $6ooo, hmmm not that nice.

Top Bottom